Jacob Glen Cuyler is my second cousin four times removed's husband. He was the founder of the town Uitenhage in the Eastern Cape Province of South Africa and the Judge in the Slagtersnek Rebellion of 1815.
His father was Abraham Cornelius Cuyler, the progenitor of the name in South Africa and the last mayor of colonial Albany, USA. having lost everything as a result of the American Revolution. His father was a merchant, landholder, and mayor of Albany from 1742 to 1746. His mother was a daughter of Albany's foremost New Netherland-era family.
I am trying to find a link between Jacob Glen Cuyler and John Cuyler, who was a Surgeon General, amongst other things, in the American Civil War and who inspected the infamous prisoner-of-war camp called Andersonville near Macon, near Atlanta, USA.
Nina has her tree started and just needs some help tracing a bit to get her connected to the Big Tree.
Joan Cameron sent:
Joan Cameron Nee Foley. Me. 1944
Winifred Foley. Nee Mc Nally. Mother. 1921 Harold Foley. Father. 1916 Eleanor Foley. Nee Richardson. Paternal Grandmother. 1885? John Foley. Paternal Grandfather. 1881 Catherine McNally Nee Byrne? Maternal Grandmother. 1883 James McNally. Maternal Grandfather. 1882 William Byrne. Mat Gr grandfather. 1853 Annie Byrne. Nee Dunne? Mat Gr grandmother. 1861?
Think Great Grandparents were born in Southern Ireland and everyone else in England
Bruce Watson sent:
George Watson (1861-1936) m. Catherina Florence Galbraith (1865-1933) [Ontario/Vancouver] Samuel Watson (1834-1919) m. Eliza Jane Henderson (1842-1922) London, Eng./Ontario Samuel Watson (c.1803-1840) m. Charlotte Needle (c.1802-1887) Whitechapel, London William Needle (1771-?) m. (?) Whitechapel, London John Neadle/Needle (c.1740-?) m. Mary Jackson (1744-?) Whitechapel, London
(He doesn't specify how they are related to him.)
- My maternal grandparents http://www.myheritage.dk/family-10_10000024_59817821_59817821/rasmu...
- My maternal grandfather: Edvard Erik Rasmussen
I have names of his mother and father, but not with me at the moment.
- My maternal grandmother: Grethe Elise Holm Hansen, married Rasmussen
- My maternal grandmother’s father: Hans Peter Hansen, born 11. jan. 1882, probably in Birkende, Denmark.
(Alleged) father: Oluf Hansen, Birkende. Oluf’s father, my : Hans Peter Hansen, my mother’s mother’s father’s father’s father.
- My maternal grandmother's mother: Emma Vilhelmine Elisabeth Holm.
Emma's family can be traced back a couple of generations to
- Christopher Hinrich Griebel (-) - Paternal grandfather
- Friederike Dorothea Lübke (-Før 1847) - Paternal grandmother
- Peter Daniel Diederich Clasen (Ca. 1785-) - Maternal grandfather
- Catharina Sophia Elisabeth Schultz (1795-) - Maternal grandmother
All of these four seem to have been living in Northern Germany. Peter Daniel Diederich Clasen may have a Dutch background, though born in Mecklenburg.