Abad is derived from the Arabic, abbad, meaning ‘devoted worshiper’ or ‘servant.’ It is also used in Spanish; and means "priest". It could be an occupational name for the servant of a priest, a nickname, or possibly denote an illegitimate son of a priest.
This sub-project aims to organize genealogical data on the Abad Family of the Philippines. Profiles here are those of historical figures, scions of the gentry (de buena familia), revolutionary heroes, scholars, government officials, national athletes and other public personalities (celebrities) in various fields. Find more surnames at the master project page, Families of the Philippines.
How to Contribute
- Please click the "Join Project" button on the upper right of the project page.
- After adding yourself as a "Follower" or "Collaborator", select the profile of the accomplished individual you wish to add.
- Navigate to that profile. Under the "More Actions" link, choose "Add to Project" and select sub-project to which that profile should be included in.
- Include in the "About Me" section a brief biographical sketch, summarizing the person's significant contributions and accomplishments. (Required)
- Include a photograph, if one exists.
- Mark the profile as "public" and not "private". (Required)