People Connected to Aberdeenshire - Scotland
Image right - Aberdeenshire within Scotland in 1890
See also Aberdeenshire - Main Page
People connected to Aberdeenshire can be placed in the following groups.
Historical and Political people
- accommodated by the project Historical Aberdeenshire which covers the History of Aberdeenshire and historical/political people. Some of these are also listed in the Famous people category.
Families with their roots in Aberdeenshire.
Please add the earliest head of the family to the list of Aberdeenshire Families on Geni below and link their profiles to the project. These should be male! Adding anyone with a Aberdeenshire birthplace to the project would cause the project to be a little cluttered, so please restrict this to the earliest head of family!
Famous or Notable People
Those people of note with connections to the county are listed below. Some of these connections are a little tenuous - counties like to lay claim to people of renown! Please visit Aberdeenshire - Famous People and add them to the listing there.
People from Aberdeenshire who went to the "New world" and were early progenitors in those countries. Where the earliest ancestor is known please add them to the list of "Aberdeenshire families on Geni" below if that was their roots, or to the appropriate county project.
Where the earliest known ancestor is the emigrant add them to the list below. In some cases if there is a project that covers them in detail please link the project - there is no point in duplicating the list.
Names with Bold links are to Geni profiles. Non-bold links take you to other biographical web pages.
How to add a link is explained in the attached document - Adding links to Geni profiles in projects.
Aberdeenshire Genealogical Resources
Aberdeenshire Families on Geni
- Hugh Buchanan born in Skye but lived and died in Aberdeen.
- Walter Burness - ancestor of Robert Burns
- William Singer (c.1655-1707) Yeoman Tennent at Rogerseat, Fyvie, Aberdeenshire.
Emigrants from Aberdeenshire
Please add the names of people from Aberdeenshire who settled in the "New World"
- Harry John Buchanan (1882-1933) Born in Aberdeen and emigrated to South AFrica in 1905 where he died.
Other Pages Scottish Family Heads
- Angus - Family Heads
- Argyllshire - Family Heads
- Ayrshire - Family Heads
- Banffshire - Family Heads
- Berwickshire - Family Heads
- Buteshire - Family Heads
- Caithness - Family Heads
- Clackmannanshire - Family Heads
- Dumfriesshire - Family Heads
- Dunbartonshire - Family Heads
- Edinburghshire (now Midlothian) - Family Heads
- Fife - Family Heads
- Inverness-shire - Family heads
- Kincardineshire - Family Heads
- Kinross-shire - Family Heads
- Kirkcudbrightshire - Family Heads
- Lanarkshire - Family Heads
- Linlithgowshire (now West Lothian) - Family Heads
- Moray, Morayshire or Elginshire - Family Heads
- Nairnshire - Family Heads
- Orkney - Family Heads
- Peeblesshire - Family Heads
- Perthshire - Family Heads
- Renfrewshire - Family Heads
- Ross and Comarty - Family Heads
- Roxburghshire - Family Heads
- Selkirkshire- Family Heads
- Shetland - Family Heads
- Stirlingshire - Family Heads
- Sutherland - Family Heads
- Wigtownshire - Family Heads