Famous People Connected to Aberdeenshire
Image right - James Gibbs - Architect
Those people of note with connections to the county are listed below. Some of these connections are a little tenuous - counties like to lay claim to people of renown!
To participate in any project
- you do need to first be a collaborator - so please join the project using the request link under "actions" at the top right of the page. Visit Geni Wikitext, Unicode and images which gives a great deal of assistance. See the discussion Project Help: How to add Text to a Project - Starter Kit to get you going!
Please add information about people of renown connected to Aberdeenshire, Scotland. If the person has a profile on Geni please add their profile to the project and add the link in bold.
How to add a link is explained at - Working with Projects
- Lord Byron, poet, was raised (ages 2–10) in Aberdeen, though not born there.
- Andrew Cruickshank, actor famous for his role in Dr Finlay's Casebook
- James Gibbs (23 December 1682 – 5 August 1754) was one of Britain's most influential architects. Born in Aberdeen, Scotland
- George Jamesone (or Jameson) (c. 1587 – 1644) was Scotland's first eminent portrait-painter.
- Andrew Murray - born at Mill of Clatt; emigrated to South Africa c. 1822, where he was progenitor of a renowned clan of Ministers of the Dutch Reformed Church
- Archibald Simpson, architect, influential in design of Aberdeens's modern centre