☀☀ Officially registered clan, without a Clan Chief, registered with the Lord Lyon Court.
Please join the project and expand information if you have more information.
- Crest: A cross crosslet fitchée Gules surmounted by a sword in saltire Proper
- Gaelic Name:
- Motto: Crux Mihi Grata Quies (The cross gives me welcome rest)
- Origin of Tartan:
- Name Variations:
- Seat: Blair Adam estate, Kinross-shire
- Clan Chief: None, armigerous clan
Origins of the name
Adam son of Adam was one of the witnesses to the charter by William Bruce to Adam of Carlyle of the lands of Kynemund (1194-1214). An Adam became abbott of Newbattle in 1201, and another Adam from Lennox was a monk of great sanctity.
Andrew Adam was one of the representatives of Lanark in the obligation by the burghs to pay part of the ransom of King James I.
Robert Adam (1728-1792) is considered by many to be the greatest architect of the late 18th century.
William Adam (1751-1839) was a Scottish Member of Parliament (MP) in the British Parliament and subsequently a judge.
To participate in any project
- you do need to first be a collaborator - so please join the project using the request link under "actions" at the top right of the page. Visit Geni Wikitext, Unicode and images which gives a great deal of assistance. See the discussion Project Help: How to add Text to a Project - Starter Kit to get you going!
How to add a link is explained in the attached document - Adding links to Geni profiles in projects.