Famous People Connected to Anglesey
Image right - Hugh Griffith
Those people of note with connections to the county are listed below. Some of these connections are a little tenuous - counties like to lay claim to people of renown!
Please add information about people of renown connected to Anglesey, Wales. If the person has a profile on Geni please add their profile to the project and add the link in bold.
To participate in any project
- you do need to first be a collaborator - so please join the project using the request link under "actions" at the top right of the page. Visit Geni Wikitext, Unicode and images which gives a great deal of assistance. See the discussion Project Help: How to add Text to a Project - Starter Kit to get you going!
How to add a link is explained in the attached document - Adding links to Geni profiles in projects.
- Tony Adams - actor (Anglesey, 1940)
- Stu Allan - Radio and club DJ
- Grace Coddington - "Creative Director for US Vogue Born April 14, 1941"
- Henry Austin Dobson - poet and essayist (Plymouth, Devon 1840)
- Dawn French - actress, writer, comedienne (Holyhead, 1957)
- Huw Garmon - actor (Anglesey, 1966)
- Hugh Emrys Griffith (30 May 1912 – 14 May 1980) was a Welsh film, stage and television actor
- Meinir Gwilym - singer and songwriter (Llangristiolus, 1983)
- Owain Gwynedd - prince (Anglesey, c. 1100)
- Hywel Gwynfryn - radio and TV personality (Llangefni, 1942)
- Aled Jones - singer and television presenter (Bangor, 1970)
- Julian Lewis Jones - Portrays the role of Karl Morris on the Sky 1 comedy Stella
- William Jones - mathematician (Llanfihangel Tre'r Beirdd, 1675)
- Glenys Kinnock - politician (Holyhead, 1944)
- The Marquesses of Anglesey - noble family from Plas Newydd, Llanfairpwll
- John Morris-Jones - Welsh grammarian and poet (Llandrygarn, 1864)
- Goronwy Owen - poet (Llanfair Mathafarn Eithaf, 1723)
- Iain Duncan Smith, leader of the Conservative Party 2001–2003, attended HMS Conway School Ship Plas Newydd, Llanfairpwll, 1968–1972
- Hugh Owen Thomas - pioneering orthopaedic surgeon (Anglesey, 1833)
- Owain Tudor - Grandfather of Henry VII (Henry Tudor), who had married the widow of Henry V to give the Tudor dynasty a tenuous claim on the English throne Plas Penmynydd
- Rex Whistler - artist (Eltham, Kent 1905)
- Prince William, Duke of Cambridge - grandson of Queen Elizabeth II, and his wife Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge (since 2010)
- Sir Kyffin Williams RA - landscape painter (Anglesey, 1918–2006)
- Andy Whitfield - actor (Amlwch, 1972–2011)
Related Projects on Geni
this project is in HistoryLink