Anglo Boere Ooorlog/Boer War (1899-1902) Killed in Action in South Africa
Aim of this Project is to link as many profiles on Geni as well as add those not on Geni and try and build them into our world tree
- In the last few years of the 19th Century, British Imperialism and Afrikaner Nationalism came into conflict with each other.
- This resulted in the Anglo Boer War of 1899-1902.
- The carriers of the British Imperialism were absolute convinced that the leaders of the Afrikaner Nationalism was a threat to them.
- In turn the leaders of the Afrikaner Nationalism on their side again were convinced that the leaders of the British Imperialism wanted to misuse their powers to destroy them.
- There was as far as both parties were concerned no place for both of them in South Africa.
From: Die Anglo Boereoorlog 1899-1902 by Frans-Johan Pretorius . Pretoria 1998
They died on the battlefields
- Bindell, Englebert born Russia ca 1874
- Frederick Andries George Van Blerk Circa 1847-October 23, 1900 (53)
- Blake, George William *Leeds Yorkshire, British Soldier.
- Breytenbach, Conrad Johannes Lodewyk (46.1years) died on 7/10/1903 in a tent in the country near Beira on commando.
- Sarel Stefanus Botes 1871-1901
- Jan Johannes Dry 1848-1900
- Johannes Hendrik Hatting - 1889
- Stephanus Johannes Marthinus Janse van Rensburg 1868-1902
- Frederik Johannes Janse van Rensburg 1855 -1901
- David Johannes Jacobus Ferdinandus Janse van Rensburg 1865 - 1901
- Hermanus Jacobus Kriel Hermanus Sagrytjie Kriel 1838-1902
- Jan Christoffel Kruger 1877 -1901
- Gerrit Johannes Jacob Kruger
- Dirk Petrus Stephanus Kruger 1865-1901
- Johannes Gideon Francois Kruger 1874-1899
- Louis Stephanus Kruger 1881-1901
- Jacobus Nicolaas Johannes Lourens 1860-1900
- Sarel Johannes Marais (35) Died on 9/9/1900 on the Battlefields on a farm near Machadodorp.
- Sarel Johannes Marais Died at the age of 59 on 7/10/1901 in action on a farm in the district of Bethal, former Transvaal.
- Johannes Petrus Mare - 1899
- Meyer, Schalk Willem Jacob from Bernardus meer, Ermelo died on comando 3/8/1901
- George Frederich Muller (32) Died on 30/06/1901 on the Battlefields on a farm Houtrich near Thabanchu
- Adriaan Marthinus Francois Nel 1841-1899
- Barend Jacobus Prinsloo 1839 - 1901
- Daniel Soloman Prinsloo 1850-1901
- Antonie Michiel Prinsloo 1828-1902
- Pieter Andries Rautenbach 1856-1901
- Cornelis Andries Johannes van Tonder 1869-1901
- Christoffel Stephanus Petrus Viljoen 1850-1901
- Petrus Johannes Visser ca 1845 - October 16, 1900 (55)
- Gert Hendrik Venter 1876-1901
- Izak Hendrik Wessels 1860 - 1902
How to Participate
If you have an ancestor who was killed in the ABW on the battlefields:
- Get yourself added as a collaborator
- Navigate to your ancestor's profile
- Under the "More Actions" link choose "Add to Project"
- Select the ABO They died on the Battlefields project
How to add a link is explained in the attached document - Adding links to Geni profiles to projects.
- Include in the "About Me" section of each person a brief biographical sketch of their lives. Also include their Settler party and ship name and arrival date if known
- Include a photograph/painting of your ancestor if one exists.
- Your ancestor's profiles should be marked as "public" and not "private".
- All included profiles should include full identifying information including birth and death dates as well as birth and death locations. It would also be very helpful if the immediate family of your pioneer ancestor, (their parents, siblings and children) profiles were public profiles also.
- Do not make public any profiles of living people.
NOTE: All soldiers included on this project will have their profiles editable by other collaborators of this project. The object of reproducing the list here is to see if these people can be located on Geni and perhaps develop trees from them. To take part in any project - you do need to first be a collaborator - so join the project. See the discussion Project Help: How to add Text to a Project - Starter Kit to get you going! How to Participate • Please add only the profiles of people that are linked to this project. This is easily done from the profile page using the Add to project link. • If you have any queries related to these ABW people, please start a discussion linked to this project. (See the menu top right). • Please add related projects to the menu on the right. • If you have links to related web pages that would be of interest to others please add them in the relevant section at the bottom of the page. In order to do this use the drop down menu at the top left of the screen and Join the Project. If this option is not available to you then contact a collaborator and ask to be added to the project. As a collaborator you will be able to edit this page. • Add any documents of interest using the menu at the top right of the page, and then add a link to the document in the text under the heading below. If you do not know how to do this please contact one of the other collaborators to assist you. How to add a link is explained in the attached document - Adding links to Geni profiles to projects.