The Bataan Death March (9-17 April 1942) was the forcible transfer, by the Imperial Japanese Army, of 12,000 American and 64,000 Filipino prisoners of war after the three-month Battle of Bataan in the Philippines during World War II, which resulted in the deaths of thousands of prisoners. The 128-kilometer march was characterized by wide-ranging physical abuse and murder, and resulted in very high fatalities inflicted upon prisoners and civilians alike by the Japanese Army, and was later judged by an Allied military commission to be a Japanese war crime. More here: http://bit.ly/HG8cyF.
This sub-project aims to organize genealogical data on the casualties and survivors of this dark event in world history. Find more at the master project page, Families of the Philippines.
- Roger Parker, American, Private
Died in Captivity
- Luis Cezar Aspillera Calleja, Filipino, Captain
- Sam Eugene Carrothers, American, Captain, Quartermaster Corps
- Ricard G. Pitsor, American, Private
- Fidel Agcaoili Segundo, Filipino, Captain, Philippine Army
- Fidel Ventura Segundo, Filipino, Brig. General, 1st Regular Division, Philippine Army
- Cresencio E. Abad, Filipino, USAFFE
- Salvador A. Abad, Filipino, Private, 26th Cavalry, Philippine Scouts
- Ulpiano A. Abila, Filipino, Private, 12th Ordinance Company, Philippine Scouts
- Manuel A. Acosta, Filipino, Btry Comdr, 301st FA, Philippine Army
- Melchior A. Acosta, Filipino, Philippine Army
- Ramon A. Alcaraz, Filipino, Philippine Navy
- Ricardo Y. Angeles, Filipino, Philippines Constabulary
- Floresto "Lorie" Cabiao, Filipino, 26th Cavalry, Philippine Scouts
- Floriano R. Castañeda, Filipino, Private, Philippine Scouts
- Santiago G. Guevara, Filipino, Lt. Col., Philippine Scouts
- Simeon Marcos Valdes, Filipino, Captain, Logistics Officer, Philippines Army
- Henry M. Peck, Sr., American
- Gregorio Balid Veluz, Filipino, Private, Philippine Army
- Jacobo Santiago R. Zobel de Ayala, Filipino, Colonel, Phlippine Army
- "Filvets Bataan POWs Names". Congressional Gold Medal 4 Bataan POW. http://cgmedal4-bataanpow.tripod.com/index.html. Date accessed: 01 May 2012.
- Hatch, Gardner N and Edwards, John S. "American Ex-prisoners of War". Turner Publishing Company, 2001. http://bit.ly/IpmgMi. Date accessed: 01 May 2011.
- "In Memoriam". Philippine Scouts Heritage Society. http://www.philippine-scouts.org/the-scouts/in-memoriam.html. Date accessed: 01 May 2012.