People connected to Bedfordshire can be placed in the following groups.
Historical and Political people
- accommodated by the project Historic Bedfordshire which covers the History of Bedfordshire and historical/political people. Some of these are also listed in the Famous people category.
Families with their roots in Bedfordshire.
Please add the earliest head of the family to the list of Bedordshire Families on Geni below and link their profiles to the project. These should be male! Adding anyone with a Bedfordshire birthplace to the project would cause the project to be a little cluttered, so please restrict this to the earliest head of family!
Famous or Notable People
Those people of note with connections to the county are listed below. Some of these connections are a little tenuous - counties like to lay claim to people of renown! Please visit Bedfordshire - Famous People and add them to the listing there.
People from Bedfordshire who went to the "New world" and were early progenitors in those countries. Where the earliest ancestor is known please add them to the list of "Bedfordshire families on Geni" below if that was their roots, or to the appropriate county project.
Where the earliest known ancestor is the emigrant add them to the list below. In some cases if there is a project that covers them in detail please link the project - there is no point in duplicating the list.
Names with Bold links are to Geni profiles. Non-bold links take you to other biographical web pages.
How to add a link is explained in the attached document - Adding links to Geni profiles in projects.
Bedfordshire Genealogical Resources
- The visitations of Bedfordshire, annis domini 1566, 1582, and 1634, made by William Harvey, Robert Cooke, and George Owen as deputy for Richard St. George : together with additional pedigrees, chiefly from Harleian ms. 1531; and an appendix con
- Bedfordshire and Luton Archives and Records Service
- Bedfordshire Family History Society
- Bedordshire Genuki Page
Beddordshire Families on Geni
- The Radcliffes of Elstow
- St. John of Bietsoe - was the leading county family 1558-1603
Emigrants from Bedfordshire
Please add the names of people from Bedfordshire who settled in the "New World"