(ES) La Casa de Jimena toma su nombre del rey Jimeno y sus descendientes, a quien se convertiría en los primero señores de Álava, y finalmente, los reyes de Navarra. La casa gobernó el Reino de Navarra hasta 1234 cuando fue desplazada por la Casa de Champaña.
(EN) The House of Jimena takes its name from King Ximeno and his descendants, whom would become the first Lords of Alava and eventually the kings of Navarre. The house ruled the Kingdom of Navarre until 1234 when it was displaced by the House of Champagne.
- First Name: Birth name in their respective language, followed by their ordinal, ex. Arnaut I.
- Middle Name: Middle names are rare at this time and if the person had two names, they usually used both in combination, ex. Pèire Bernat. Place the nickname in this field, enclosed in single qoutes, ex. el Gran.
- Last Name: Obviously, people did not have surnames in this period (at least as we use them today). Use the surname field to place either the person's familial place of reign (usually being born a prince of somewhere). where they were born, and in some cases, their house name, ex. de Roergue. Patronymic names are also placed in this field, before any typographic name, ex. Remíriz de Aragón.
- Suffix: The suffix field should be used for titles, ex. Comte d'Urgell. In many cases, a person will have multiple titles. For simplicity and legibility, use the title of most importance.
- Maiden Name: In all cases, leave this field blank.
- Display Name: This field should be used as a more concise reiteration of the full name, often omitting redundant typographic surnames, ex. Ponç I, Comte d'Empúries. When the person gains their highest importance in a foreign kingdom, either by marriage or conquest, use the display name field for a their name in a language other than their own for, ex. Esteveta de Fois, Reina de Navarra vs. Estefanía de Foix, Reina de Navarra. In this example, Estefanía de Foix, would also be placed in the Nickname field. Occasionally, a person is commonly know by their nickname. In thoses cases, place this name after the given name, often omitting the ordinal, ex. Guifré el Pilós, Comte de Barcelona.
- Nickname: All name variants additional nicknames should be place in the Nickname field.