-- Genghis Khan
s Tree project (Borjigin Temüjin).
- Genghis Khan (pronounced /ˈdʒɛŋɡɪs ˈkɑːn/ or /ˈɡɛŋɡɪs ˈkɑːn/; Mongolian: Чингис Хаан, Chinggis Khaan, or Činggis Qaγan), IPA: [tʃiŋɡɪs xaːŋ]( listen); probably 1162–1227), born Borjigin Temüjin ( pronunciation (help·info), was the founder, Khan (ruler) and Khagan (emperor) of the Mongol Empire, which became the largest contiguous empire in history after his death.
- Zerjal et al.  identified a Y-chromosomal lineage present in about 8% of the men in a large region of Asia (about 0.5% of the men in the world). The paper suggests that the pattern of variation within the lineage is consistent with a hypothesis that it originated in Mongolia about 1,000 years ago. Because the rate of such a spread would be too rapid to have occurred by genetic drift, the authors propose that the lineage is carried by likely male-line descendants of Genghis Khan, and that it has spread through social selection.
-- Issues with the Genghis Khan s tree on Geni:
- # Multiple languages -> use English
- # Lack of information -> add more information to the profiles
- # Several lines
- Lets work to correct this in the Ghengis Khan tree on "Geni" !