County Antrim - Main Page
- Northern Ireland
This is the Umbrella Project Page for County Antrim
- People Connected to Co. Antrim
- Historic Houses of Co. Antrim, Northern Ireland
- County Antrim Monumental Inscriptions, Cemeteries and Graveyards
- The Irish emigrant from Antrim to the United States of America
- Administrative centre Antrim
- Province Ulster
- County Flower - Harebell (Campanula rotundifolia)
- Area of 3,046 square kilometres (1,176 sq mi)
- People from County Antrim are called -
- Motto Per angusta ad augusta (Latin) "Through Trial to Triumphs"
County Antrim (named after the town of Antrim) is one of six counties that form Northern Ireland, situated in the north-east of the island of Ireland. Adjoining the north-east shore of Lough Neagh, County Antrim is one of the thirty-two traditional counties of Ireland and is within the historic province of Ulster.
The county contains all of five parliamentary constituencies:
- Belfast North
- Belfast West
- East Antrim
- North Antrim
- South Antrim
Parts of the following constituencies are also in County Antrim:
- Belfast South
- East Londonderry
- Lagan Valley
- Upper Bann
- Lisburn (has city status)
The following people on Geni offer assistance -
If you have County Antrim connections please join the project and if you live in County Antrim and are prepared to offer advice or help of any kind please add yourself to the list above.
To participate in any project
- you do need to first be a collaborator, or collaborating with a project collaborator - so join the project. Visit Geni Wikitext, Unicode and images which gives a great deal of assistance. See the discussion Project Help: How to add Text to a Project - Starter Kit to get you going!
How to Participate
- If you have any queries please start a discussion linked to this project. (See the menu top right).
- Please add related projects to the menu on the right.
- If you have links to related web pages that would be of interest to others please add them in the relevant section at the bottom of the page. In order to do this use the drop down menu at the top left of the screen and Join the Project. If this option is not available to you then contact a collaborator and ask to be added to the project. As a collaborator you will be able to edit this page.
- Add any documents of interest using the menu at the top right of the page, and then add a link to the document in the text under the heading below. If you do not know how to do this please contact one of the other collaborators to assist you.
Please do not add the profiles off all your County Antrim born ancestors to this project or the People connected to County Antrim project. Rather add the earliest known person of a County Antrim family to the County Antrim' - Family Heads] project. link to follow
- Carrickfergus & St. Nicholas
- Grange of Ballyscullion
- Grange of Doagh
- Grange of Drumtullagh
- Grange of Dundermot
- Grange of Inispollan
- Grange of Killyglen
- Grange of Layd
- Grange of Muckamore
- Grange of Nilteen
- Grange of Shilvodan
- Island Magee
- Newton Crommelin