This is the Umbrella Project Page for County Down - Northern Ireland
- Administrative centre Downpatrick
- Province Ulster
- County Flower - Spring Squill, Scilla verna
- Area 945 sq mi (2,448 km2)
- People from County Down are called -
- Motto Absque Labore Nihil (Latin) "Nothing Without Labour"
County Down (named after its county town, Downpatrick) is one of six counties that form Northern Ireland, situated in the north-east of the island of Ireland. It adjoins the south-east shore of Lough Neagh. It is also one of the thirty-two traditional counties of Ireland and is within the province of Ulster.
For Information about research in the County, including lists of people of renown connected to County Down and Families Researched on Geni go to County Down - Family Heads link to follow
For Historical information about County Down visit Historic County Down link to follow - including connections to Historical figures, Gentry and political people connected with County Down.
The following people on Geni offer assistance -
If you have County Down connections please join the project and if you live in County Down and are prepared to offer advice or help of any kind please add yourself to the list above.
To participate in any project
- you do need to first be a collaborator, or collaborating with a project collaborator - so join the project. Visit Geni Wikitext, Unicode and images which gives a great deal of assistance. See the discussion Project Help: How to add Text to a Project - Starter Kit to get you going!
How to Participate
- If you have any queries please start a discussion linked to this project. (See the menu top right).
- Please add related projects to the menu on the right.
- If you have links to related web pages that would be of interest to others please add them in the relevant section at the bottom of the page. In order to do this use the drop down menu at the top left of the screen and Join the Project. If this option is not available to you then contact a collaborator and ask to be added to the project. As a collaborator you will be able to edit this page.
- Add any documents of interest using the menu at the top right of the page, and then add a link to the document in the text under the heading below. If you do not know how to do this please contact one of the other collaborators to assist you.
Please do not add the profiles off all your County Down born ancestors to this project or the People connected to County Down project. Rather add the earliest known person of a County Down family to the County Down' - Family Heads] project. link to follow
- Grey Abbey