This is the Umbrella Project Page for County Fingal - Ireland
English pronunciation: FING-gəl
- Administrative centre Sword
- Province Leinster
- Area 454.60 km2 (175.52 sq mi)
- People from County Fingal are called -
- Motto Flúirse Talaimh is Mara (Irish), "Abundance of Land and Sea"
County Fingal (from Irish Fine Gall, meaning "foreign tribe") is a county in Ireland. It is part of the Dublin Region and is also located in the province of Leinster. Its name is derived from the medieval territory of Scandinavian foreigners (Irish: gaill) that settled in the area. Fingal County Council is the local authority for the county.
Fingal is one of three counties into which County Dublin was divided in 1994
It is one of four local authorities whose remit collectively encompasses the geographic area of the county and city of Dublin.
Towns and Parishes
For Information about research in the County, including lists of people of renown connected to Fingal and Families Researched on Geni go to County Fingal - Family Heads link to follow
For Historical information about County Fingal visit Historic County Fingal link to follow - including connections to Historical figures, Gentry and political people connected with County Fingal.
The following people on Geni offer assistance -
If you have County Fingal connections please join the project and if you live in County Fingal and are prepared to offer advice or help of any kind please add yourself to the list above.
To participate in any project
- you do need to first be a collaborator, or collaborating with a project collaborator - so join the project. Visit Geni Wikitext, Unicode and images which gives a great deal of assistance. See the discussion Project Help: How to add Text to a Project - Starter Kit to get you going!
How to Participate
- If you have any queries please start a discussion linked to this project. (See the menu top right).
- Please add related projects to the menu on the right.
- If you have links to related web pages that would be of interest to others please add them in the relevant section at the bottom of the page. In order to do this use the drop down menu at the top left of the screen and Join the Project. If this option is not available to you then contact a collaborator and ask to be added to the project. As a collaborator you will be able to edit this page.
- Add any documents of interest using the menu at the top right of the page, and then add a link to the document in the text under the heading below. If you do not know how to do this please contact one of the other collaborators to assist you.
Please do not add the profiles off all your County Fingal born ancestors to this project or the Fingal connected to County Fingal project. Rather add the earliest known person of a County Fingal family to the County Fingal' - Family Heads] project. link to follow