County Galway - Main Page
Republic of Ireland
This is the Umbrella Project Page for County Galway - Ireland
Still to come
- County Galway - Famous People
- Historical County Galway
- Irish: Contae na Gaillimhe
- Administrative centre Galway
- Province Connacht
- Area 6,148 km2 (2,374 sq mi)
- People from County Galway are called -
- Motto Ceart agus Cóir (Irish), "Righteousness and Justice"
County Galway is a county in Ireland. It is located in the West Region and is also part of the province of Connacht. It is named after the city of Galway. Galway County Council is the local authority for the county.
County Galway is home to Lough Corrib (the largest lake in the Republic of Ireland) the Na Beanna Beola (Twelve Bens) mountain range, Na Sléibhte Mhám Toirc (the Maum Turk mountains), and the low mountains of Sliabh Echtghe (Slieve Aughty). The highest point in the county is one of the Twelve Bens, Benbaun, at 729m.
Towns and Parishes
Free to follow, request to collaborate
To join the project use the request link under "actions" at the top right of the page.
Geni Wikitext, Unicode and images which gives a great deal of assistance.
See the discussion Project Help: How to add Text to a Project - Starter Kit to get you going!
- If you have any queries please start a discussion linked to this project. (See the menu top right).
- Please add related projects to the menu on the right.
- If you have links to related web pages that would be of interest to others please add them in the relevant section at the bottom of the page. In order to do this use the drop down menu at the top left of the screen and Join the Project. If this option is not available to you then contact a collaborator and ask to be added to the project. As a collaborator you will be able to edit this page.
- Add any documents of interest using the menu at the top right of the page, and then add a link to the document in the text under the heading below. If you do not know how to do this please contact one of the other collaborators to assist you.
References and Sources
Map from Irish Ancestors where there is an interactive map. can be
- Ballynakill (Ballymoe)
- Ballynakill (Ballynahinch)
- Ballynakill (Killian)
- Ballynakill (Leitrim)
- St. Nicholas