This is the Umbrella Project Page for County Kerry - Ireland
- Irish: Contae Chiarraí
- Administrative centre Tralee
- Province munster
- Area 4,746 km2 (1,832 sq mi)
- People from County Kerry are called -
- Motto Comhar, Cabhair, Cairdeas (Irish), "Co-operation, Help, Friendship"
County Kerry is a county in Ireland. It is located in the South-West Region and is also part of the province of Munster. It is named after the pre-Gaelic tribe who lived in part of the present county. Kerry County Council is the local authority for the county and Tralee serves as the county town.
There are nine historic baronies in the county. While baronies continue to be officially defined units, they are no longer used for many administrative purposes. Their official status is illustrated by Placenames Orders made since 2003, where official Irish names of baronies are listed under "Administrative units".
- Clanmaurice – Clann Mhuiris
- Corkaguiny – Corca Dhuibhne
- Dunkerron North – Dún Ciaráin Thuaidh
- Dunkerron South – Dún Ciaráin Theas
- Glanarought – Gleann na Ruachtaí
- Iraghticonnor – Oireacht Uí Chonchúir
- Iveragh Peninsula – Uíbh Ráthach
- Magunihy – Maigh gCoinchinn
- Trughanacmy – Triúcha an Aicme
Towns and Parishes
See also http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_townlands_of_County_Kerry For Information about research in the County, including lists of people of renown connected to Kerry and Families Researched on Geni go to County Kerry - Family Heads link to follow
For Historical information about County Kerry visit Historic County Kerry link to follow - including connections to Historical figures, Gentry and political people connected with County Kerry.
The following people on Geni offer assistance -
If you have County Kerry connections please join the project and if you live in County Kerry and are prepared to offer advice or help of any kind please add yourself to the list above.
To participate in any project
- you do need to first be a collaborator, or collaborating with a project collaborator - so join the project. Visit Geni Wikitext, Unicode and images which gives a great deal of assistance. See the discussion Project Help: How to add Text to a Project - Starter Kit to get you going!
How to Participate
- If you have any queries please start a discussion linked to this project. (See the menu top right).
- Please add related projects to the menu on the right.
- If you have links to related web pages that would be of interest to others please add them in the relevant section at the bottom of the page. In order to do this use the drop down menu at the top left of the screen and Join the Project. If this option is not available to you then contact a collaborator and ask to be added to the project. As a collaborator you will be able to edit this page.
- Add any documents of interest using the menu at the top right of the page, and then add a link to the document in the text under the heading below. If you do not know how to do this please contact one of the other collaborators to assist you.
Please do not add the profiles off all your County Kerry born ancestors to this project or the People connected to County Kerry project. Rather add the earliest known person of a County Kerry family to the County Kerry' - Family Heads] project. link to follow
References and Sources