Monumental Inscriptions, Cemeteries and Graveyards of County Laois (Queens), Ireland
Image Right - Aghmacart Graveyard
The aim of this project is to gather together information regarding cemeteries and graveyards in the county which either have available transcriptions or have been photographed and transcribed.
Please update the project by adding links to any available monumental inscriptions or pages where images of the graves/cemeteries can be seen - mostly Billion Graves or Find a Grave.
To participate in any project
- you do need to first be a collaborator or collaborating with a collaborator- so please join the project using the request link under "actions" at the top right of the page. Visit Geni Wikitext, Unicode and images which gives a great deal of assistance.
List of Towns
Links to pages that have no entries are marked ✘.
Those links with records have no ✘ (blank, or the number of entries in some instances).
The following list will probably need refining as not all places have cemeteries
- Old Church Abbeyleix
- St. Canices Churchyard
- Aghmacart Graveyard
- Dysart, Aghnacross Graveyard
- St Bridget's Churchyard, Aharney
- Society of Friends, Balinakill
Historic Graves no visible headstones
- St Brigid's Churchyard, Ballintubbert
- Balyadams Graveyard
- Ballyadden Graveyards
- Killogue Graveyard, Ballyboodin
- St Brigid's Graveyard, Ballybuggy
- Kylealiss CBG Graveyard
- Sacred Heart Graveyard, Arles
Castletown (SW of Mountrath)
Clonenagh and Clonagheen
Coolfin (NE of Rathdowney)
Coolrain (SW of Mountrath)
Graigue (West of Carlow)
Killenny (NE of Portlaoise)
- Kilmanman Graveyard
Knockmay (Clonenagh and Clonagheen:Borris)
Kyle (NW of Borris-in-Ossory)
- Ivy Church
Pike of Rush Hall
- Portnahinch Graveyard