This is the Umbrella Project Page for County Mayo - Ireland
- Irish: Contae Mhaigh Eo
- Administrative centre Castlebar
- Province Connacht
- Area 5,586 km2 (2,157 sq mi)
- People from County Mayo are called -
- Motto Dia is Muire Linn (Irish), "God and Mary be with us"
County Mayo is a county in Ireland. It is located in the West Region, and it is also part of the province of Connacht. It is named after the village of Mayo, which is now generally known as Mayo Abbey. Mayo County Council is the local authority for the county.
Towns and Parishes
For Information about research in the County, including lists of people of renown connected to Mayo and Families Researched on Geni go to County Mayo - Family Heads link to follow
For Historical information about County Mayo visit Historic County Mayo link to follow - including connections to Historical figures, Gentry and political people connected with County Mayo.
The following people on Geni offer assistance -
If you have County Mayo connections please join the project and if you live in County Mayo and are prepared to offer advice or help of any kind please add yourself to the list above.
To participate in any project
- you do need to first be a collaborator, or collaborating with a project collaborator - so join the project. Visit Geni Wikitext, Unicode and images which gives a great deal of assistance. See the discussion Project Help: How to add Text to a Project - Starter Kit to get you going!
How to Participate
- If you have any queries please start a discussion linked to this project. (See the menu top right).
- Please add related projects to the menu on the right.
- If you have links to related web pages that would be of interest to others please add them in the relevant section at the bottom of the page. In order to do this use the drop down menu at the top left of the screen and Join the Project. If this option is not available to you then contact a collaborator and ask to be added to the project. As a collaborator you will be able to edit this page.
- Add any documents of interest using the menu at the top right of the page, and then add a link to the document in the text under the heading below. If you do not know how to do this please contact one of the other collaborators to assist you.
Please do not add the profiles off all your County Mayo born ancestors to this project or the People connected to County Mayo project. Rather add the earliest known person of a County Mayo family to the County Mayo' - Family Heads project. link to follow
References and Sources
Map from Irish Ancestors where the map is interactive.
- Kilcolman (Clanmorris)
- Kilcolman (Costello)
- Kilcommon (Erris)
- Kilcommon (Kilmaine)