This is the Umbrella Project Page for County Waterford - Ireland
- Irish: Contae Phort Láirge
- Administrative centre Dungarvan
- Province Munster
- Area 1,857 km2 (717 sq mi)
- People from County Waterford are called -
- Motto Déisi oc Declán co Bráth (Irish), "May the Déise remain with Declan forever"
County Waterford is a county in Ireland. It is part of the South-East Region and is also located in the province of Munster. It is named after the city of Waterford which is derived from the Old Norse name Veðrafjǫrðr or Vedrarfjord. Waterford County Council is the local authority for the county.
For Information about research in the County, including lists of people of renown connected to Waterford and Families Researched on Geni go to County Waterford - Family Heads link to follow
For Historical information about County Waterford visit Historic County Waterford link to follow - including connections to Historical figures, Gentry and political people connected with County Waterford.
The following people on Geni offer assistance -
If you have County Waterford connections please join the project and if you live in County Waterford and are prepared to offer advice or help of any kind please add yourself to the list above.
To participate in any project
- you do need to first be a collaborator, or collaborating with a project collaborator - so join the project. Visit Geni Wikitext, Unicode and images which gives a great deal of assistance. See the discussion Project Help: How to add Text to a Project - Starter Kit to get you going!
How to Participate
- If you have any queries please start a discussion linked to this project. (See the menu top right).
- Please add related projects to the menu on the right.
- If you have links to related web pages that would be of interest to others please add them in the relevant section at the bottom of the page. In order to do this use the drop down menu at the top left of the screen and Join the Project. If this option is not available to you then contact a collaborator and ask to be added to the project. As a collaborator you will be able to edit this page.
- Add any documents of interest using the menu at the top right of the page, and then add a link to the document in the text under the heading below. If you do not know how to do this please contact one of the other collaborators to assist you.
Please do not add the profiles off all your County Waterford born ancestors to this project or the People connected to County Waterford project. Rather add the earliest known person of a County Waterford family to the County Waterford - Family Heads project. link to follow
References and Sources
Map from Irish Ancestors where the map is interactive.
33 Kill St. Lawrence
34 Kill St. Nicholas
44 Kilronan (Glenahiry)
45 Kilronan (Middlethird)
53 Lisgenan or Grange
54 Lismore and Mocollop
74 St. Johns Without
68 St. Marys Clonmel
75 Trinity Without
72 Waterford city parishes