This is the Umbrella Project Page for County Westmeath - Ireland
- Irish: Contae na hIarmhí
- Administrative centre Mullingar
- Province Leinster
- Area 1,840 km2 (710 sq mi)
- People from County Westmeath are called -
- Motto Triath ós Triathaibh (Irish), "Noble above nobility"
County Westmeath is a county in Ireland. It is part of the Midlands Region and the province of Leinster. It is named after the ancient Kingdom of Meath (Old Irish: Mide). Westmeath County Council is the local authority for the county.
For Information about research in the County, including lists of people of renown connected to Westmeath and Families Researched on Geni go to County Westmeath - Family Heads link to follow
For Historical information about County Westmeath visit Historic County Westmeath link to follow - including connections to Historical figures, Gentry and political people connected with County Westmeath.
The following people on Geni offer assistance -
If you have County Westmeath connections please join the project and if you live in County Westmeath and are prepared to offer advice or help of any kind please add yourself to the list above.
To participate in any project
- you do need to first be a collaborator, or collaborating with a project collaborator - so join the project. Visit Geni Wikitext, Unicode and images which gives a great deal of assistance. See the discussion Project Help: How to add Text to a Project - Starter Kit to get you going!
How to Participate
- If you have any queries please start a discussion linked to this project. (See the menu top right).
- Please add related projects to the menu on the right.
- If you have links to related web pages that would be of interest to others please add them in the relevant section at the bottom of the page. In order to do this use the drop down menu at the top left of the screen and Join the Project. If this option is not available to you then contact a collaborator and ask to be added to the project. As a collaborator you will be able to edit this page.
- Add any documents of interest using the menu at the top right of the page, and then add a link to the document in the text under the heading below. If you do not know how to do this please contact one of the other collaborators to assist you.
Please do not add the profiles off all your County Westmeath born ancestors to this project or the People connected to County Westmeath project. Rather add the earliest known person of a County Westmeath family to the County Westmeath - Family Heads project. link to follow
References and Sources
Map from Irish Ancestors where the map is interactive.
1 Ardnurcher or Horseleap
26 Kilkenny West
45 Pass of Kilbride
55 St. Feighins
56 St. Marys
57 St. Marys, Athlone