All Culver genealogy enteries before 24 Oct 1895 should read - "Marmont now Culver, Marshall, Indiana"
tho the name change reads "Culver city" and the "city" was not changed in legal documents until the 1950's it only used the 'Culver' portion of the name.
i moved to Culver when i was barely 3 months old and David's family came to Culver 1913-15 fromChicago after a brief stay there upon migrating in Scotland in 1912
Resources I have for this are:
Alt or Ault ancestry - Valentine Alt His children and grandchildren and more... Ault's down to today
Two major works used pluss other resources:
- Nellie Wallace Reeser, "VALINTIN ALT, HIS CHILDREN AND HIS GRAND CHILDREN", Pub. 1949, York, PA Copy of Mimeographed, 123 pp
- Nellie Wallace Reeser, Chartered Records of the Valentin Alt Family In America, A (1963, West Lafayette, Indiana Handwritten/Typed Family Group Sheets 2876 pgs. bound in 4 vols )
The Bays family - Ancestors and Descendants of Greene County Indiana. This was started for a gal in Washington D.C. and contains much data - Needs to be retyped into computer or put into PAF
One of the as a prominent officer in Culver military Academy and a resident of Culver.
- I indroductory to website is @http://genwiz.genealogenie.net/mckee_culver/mckee_intro.htm
- Anthony Mc Kee - and Nancy [-?-] - the Culver, Marshall and Fulton County, Indiana line. - PAF format and manuscript format @http://genwiz.genealogenie.net/mckee_culver/culver_AnthonyMcKee_Nancy.htm - a branch of this line ties into my Greene county Indiana ancestry I just found out!
The House of Reichard's - that Joseph and Mariah Apolliana Reichard's Descendants Built - Marshall, Fulton, Jay, Montgomerty counties Indiana; Ohio, Pennsylvania - TNG format, PAF format 9bare bones) - manuscript of 600+ pages well documented.
OVERMYER'S Marshall, Fulton and Pulaski counties Indiana. (PAF format) Books I databased into PAF (8,842 profiles) and have continued to update into from onituaries etc. in local newspapers
- Overmyer History and Genealogy From 1630 - 1908 (1908, Chas. S. Belmont Printer Fremont, Oh) Collated by Barnart B, and John C. Overmyer; I also have the book; and this is the PAF databased version with additions and corrections. I found it at an auction in Culver among regular books and was able to purchase it for a reasonable price. There are pictures that will eventually be scanned and put on to the site. Original spelling Obermayer - - There are lots of pictures that will eventually be scanned and put on to the site. Original spelling Obermayer
- Daniel Overmyer History and Genealogy 1832 to 1978 Mabel Brucker, Monterey, Indiana No Information Typed by Jeane and Missy Stinemetz; not documented; photographs but or xerox copies. -Alot of Typographical errors, an inconsistent pattern in presenting data and given names.
- website version of this PAF file down to 1930 of this is @http://genwiz.genealogenie.net/paf_websites/overmyer/
Stahl's Genealogy book I have of the famiily is:
- STAHL's of Germany; Ohio; Marshall & Fulton County Indiana , a branch of the Zechiel Family the old PAF format: Stahl history This I found at a yard sale amongst old books - it had numerous clipped obits, funeral cards and other news articles in it.
- website version of this PAF file down to 1930 of this is @http://genwiz.genealogenie.net/paf_websites/stahl/
The Stahl book I found in a yard ale and purchased for 50 cents or $1 back before 1990 it was in amongst a bunch of other books, paper backs and was doomed for a dumpster and the landfill!
The Overmyer History and Genealogy From 1630 - 1908 (1908, Chas. S. Belmont Printer Fremont, Oh) also was in amongst a box of old books and a f couple of old family bibles with them this was an auction sale of an old dear Culverite who was 'friend to all' Daisy Eckman Overmyer and her deceased husband Jesse Overmyer they married late in life and were childless - but they were Grandma & Grandpa, Aunt & uncle to allot of Culver children.
REED My deceased husbands family Calvin Marion Reed came from Fulton, Fulton, Indiana and I have researched and updated that line for my step daughter - @http://genwiz.genealogenie.net/paf_websites/reed/reed/
Schrimsher & Green
- website version of this PAF file down to 1930 of this is @http://genwiz.genealogenie.net/paf_websites/g_schrimsher/schrimsher/
- website version of this PAF file down to 1930 of this is @http://genwiz.genealogenie.net/paf_websites/g_schrimsher/j_green/
Lake Maxinkuckee Its Intrigue History & Genealogy Culver, Marshall, Indiana @http://genwiz.genealogenie.net/lake_maxinkuckee/max_index.htm
This is my website for the genealogy of the cottages and its people who have been a part of the"Summer community" it is chocked full of local history, pictures biographies etc.