Dolni Bukovsko is a market village that lies on the border of Budejovice and Tabor in the Czech Republic. A modern religious community was established in 1859 and continued to grow until 1898 when the Jewish population rose to a total of 1,972. During the war in excess of 500 Jews were sent to concentration camps.
At the end of the Second World War the village became a haven for refugees from the German Prussian Silesia area. They took up residence at a local school until the arrival of the Red Army in May 1945.