This is the Umbrella Project Page for Dublin City - Ireland
County Dublin, Dublin City Parishes
- Irish: Baile Átha Cliath
- Province Leinster
- People from County Dublin are called - Dubliners
- Motto Obedientia Civium Urbis Felicitas, "The obedience of the citizens makes a happy city"
Dublin is the capital of Ireland. Dublin is in the province of Leinster on Ireland's east coast, at the mouth of the River Liffey.
Dublin City is one of four local authorities whose remit collectively encompasses the geographic area of the county and city of Dublin.
Before enactment of the Local Government (Dublin) Act 1993, the county was a unified whole even though its was administered by two local authorities - Dublin County Council and Dublin Corporation. Since the enactment of the Local Government Act 2001 in particular, the geographic area of the county has been divided between three entities at the level of "county" and a further entity at the level of "city". They rank equally as first level local administrative units of the NUTS 3 Dublin Region for Eurostat purposes.
For Information about research in the County, including lists of people of renown connected to Dublin City and Families Researched on Geni go to Dublin City - Family Heads link to follow
For Historical information about Dublin City visit Dublin City link to follow - including connections to Historical figures, Gentry and political people connected with Dublin City
The following people on Geni offer assistance -
If you have Dublin City connections please join the project and if you live in Dublin City and are prepared to offer advice or help of any kind please add yourself to the list above.
To participate in any project
- you do need to first be a collaborator, or collaborating with a project collaborator - so join the project. Visit Geni Wikitext, Unicode and images which gives a great deal of assistance. See the discussion Project Help: How to add Text to a Project - Starter Kit to get you going!
How to Participate
- If you have any queries please start a discussion linked to this project. (See the menu top right).
- Please add related projects to the menu on the right.
- If you have links to related web pages that would be of interest to others please add them in the relevant section at the bottom of the page. In order to do this use the drop down menu at the top left of the screen and Join the Project. If this option is not available to you then contact a collaborator and ask to be added to the project. As a collaborator you will be able to edit this page.
- Add any documents of interest using the menu at the top right of the page, and then add a link to the document in the text under the heading below. If you do not know how to do this please contact one of the other collaborators to assist you.
Please do not add the profiles off all your Dublin City born ancestors to this project or the People connected to Dublin City project. Rather add the earliest known person of a Dublin City family to the Dublin City' - Family Heads project. link to follow
References and Sources
Map from Irish Ancestors where the map is interactive.
- Manor Court of St. Sepulchre
- St. Andrews
- St. Annes
- St. Audoens
- St. Brides
- St. Catherines
- St. Georges
- St. James
- St. Johns
- St. Lukes
- St. Marks
- St. Mary
- St. Michaels
- St. Michans
- St. Nicholas Within
- St. Nicholas Without
- St. Patricks
- St. Pauls
- St. Peters
- St. Thomas
- St. Werburgh