Dumfries-shire, Historic County of Scotland
This is the Umbrella project for Dumfries-shire
Please do not link profiles to this project - its purpose is to inform!
Still to Come
- Dunfries-shire Genealogical Resources
- Dumfries-shire Historical Page
HELP is always welcome!!
- Administrative centre Dumfries
- Chapman County Code - DFS
- Gaelic Name iorrachd Dhùn Phris
- Famous for:
- Landmarks and Places of Interest
- Area 2,753 sq. km (1,063 sq. miles)
- Succeeded by Today it forms part of the Region of the Dumfries and Galloway council area.
- County Flower -
Dumfries-shire (Anglicised), Dumfries or the County of Dumfries is a registration county of Scotland. It had Kirkcudbrightshire to the west, Ayrshire to the north-west, Lanarkshire, Peeblesshire and Selkirkshire to the north, and Roxburghshire to the east. To the south was the coast of the Solway Firth, and across the English border Cumberland.
- Dumfries and Galloway and
- Half Morton
- Kirkpatrick Juxta
- St Mungo
- Tynron Doon
If you have Dumfries-shire connections please join the project.
To participate in any project
- you do need to first be a collaborator - so please join the project using the request link under "actions" at the top right of the page. Visit Geni Wikitext, Unicode and images which gives a great deal of assistance. See the discussion Project Help: How to add Text to a Project - Starter Kit to get you going!