List of elected or appointed female heads of state -- From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia, also http://guide2womenleaders.com/Presidents.htm
Current Female presidents
- Kolinda Grabar-Kitarović, appointed 2015 President-elect , Croatia. Appointed Minister of European Integration in 2003 and was also Foreign Minister 2005-08. English and Spanish languages professor and former adviser in the Foreign Ministry. Finished second in the first round of the presidential elections in 2014 and won 50,5 % in the second round. (b. 1968-).
- Cristina Fernández de Kirchner. Appointed 10.12.2007- Executive President , Argentina. Won the first round of the presidential elections in October 2007 as candidate for Partido Justicalista. She was Member of the Assembly of Santa Cruz 1989-95 and 1. Vice-President of the Assembly in 1990, National Senator 1995-97 and again since 2001, National Deputy 1997-2001. President of the Senate Committee of Contitutional Affairs since 2001. Her late husband Néstor Carlos Kirchner (1950-2010) was President of Argentina 2003-07 and held a number of other posts. Mother of 2 children. (b. 1953-).
- Dalia Grybauskaitė, Appointed 12.07.2009- President, Lithuania. 1994-1995 Extraordinary Envoy and Plenipotentiary Minister at the Lithuanian Mission to the EU and Deputy Head Negotiator for the Europe Agreement with EU, 1996-1999 Plenipotentiary Minister at the Embassy in USA, 1999-2000 Vice-Minister of Finance and 2000-01 Vice-Minister of Foreign Affairs and Deputy Head of the EU Accession negotiations, 2001-04 Minister of Finance and 2004 EU-Commissioner of Financial Programming and Budget 2004-09. Won 69% of the votes in the presidential elections. Unmarried and no children. (b. 1956-).
- Dilma Vana Linhares Rousseff, appointed 01.01.2011-President, Brazil. Dilma Rousseff is a former student leader who fought Brazil's military dictatorship as a guerrilla during the early 1970s and an economist. Secretary of Mines, Energy and Communication of Rio Grande do Sul 1993-94 and 1999-2002, Minister of Mines and Energy 2003-05 and Minister and Secretary General of the Presidential Staff (Cabinet Chief) 2005-10. (b. 1947-).
- Atifete Jahjaga, appointed 07.04.2011- President , Kosovo. She was Deputy Chief of Police of Kosovo with rank of Major General at the time of her election. Married to Astrit Kuçi. (b. 1975-)
- Eveline Widmer-Sclumpf, appointed 01.01.2012 President of the Confederation ,Switzerland. Councillor of Finance and Military of Graubünden 1998-2007, Vice-President of the Government 2000 and 2004 and President of the Government 2001 and 2005, Federal Councillor of Justice and Police 2008-10 and Councillor of Finance from 2010 and Vice-President in 2011. (b. 1956-).
- Park Geun-hye, appointed 25.02.2013- President, South Korea. MP 1998-2012, Chairperson of the Grand National Party 2004-06, Candidate in the party primaries for presidential candidate in 2008, Leader of Saenuri (Renamed GNP) 2011-12. (b. 1952-)
- Catherine Samba-Panza, appointed 23.01.2014- Acting Head of State , Central African Republic. Businesswoman and corporate lawyer. Appointed Mayor of the capital Bangui in 2013 by the former interim government before she was elected Interim President. (b. 1954-).
- Marie-Louise Coleiro Preca, appointed 04.04.2014- President , Malta. Labour MP 1998-2014 and Minister of Family and Social Solidarity 2013-14. (b. 1958-).
- 2015- Presidential-Nominee Ameenah Gurib-Fakim, Mauritius. Professor of Organic chemistry and Pro-vice-chancellor of the University of Mauritius