This sub-project aims to organize genealogical data on successful disciples of the sciences, who are Filipino or have Filipino lineage, and have made groundbreaking discoveries and progress in their field of specialty. Find more surnames at the master project page, Families of the Philippines.
Image: This is a detail of a painting by Romeo Enriquez (1960) of Opthalmologist Dr. Jose Rizal treating his mother.' '
Agriculture and Botany
- Pedro B. Escuro PhD, 1994 National Scientist for Genetics and Plant Breeding
- Ricardo M. Lantican PhD, 2005 National Scientist for Plant Breeding
- Luz Oliveros-Belardo PhD, 1987 National Scientist for Phytochemistry
- Eduardo A. Quisumbing, PhD - 1980 National Scientist for Plant Taxonomy, Systematics, and Morphology
- Dioscoro L. Umali PhD, 1986 National Scientist for Agriculture and Rural Development
- Jose R. Velasco PhD, 1998 National Scientist for Plant Physiology
- Gregorio T. Velasquez PhD, 1982 National Scientist for Phycology
- Benito S. Vergara PhD, 2001 National Scientist for Plant Physiology
- Julian A. Banzon PhD, 1986 National Scientist for Chemistry
- Bienvenido O. Juliano PhD, 2000 National Scientist for Organic Chemistry
- Clara Y. Lim-Sylianco PhD, 1994 National Scientist for Biochemistry and Organic Chemistry
- Antonio N. Luna, Municipal Laboratory Director of Manila, 1898
- Dolores A. Ramirez PhD, 1998 National Scientist for Biochemical Genetics and Cytogenetics
- Anacleto Sales del Rosario
- Alfredo C. Santos, 1978 National Scientist for Physical Chemistry
- Francisco O. Santos PhD, 1983 National Scientist for Human Nutrition and Agricultural Chemistry
- Mercedes B. Concepcion, 2010 National Scientist for Demography
- Onofre D. Corpuz PhD, 2004 National Scientist for Political Economics and Government
- José Encarnación Jr. PhD, 1987 National Scientist for Economics
- Raul V. Fabella, 2011 National Scientist for Economics
- Gregorio Y. Zara, 1978 National Scientist for Engineering and Inventions
- Teodoro A. Agoncillo, 1985 National Scientist for Philippine History
- Encarnacion A. Alzona PhD, 1985 1985 National Scientist for Philippine History
- Bienvenido F. Nebres, 2011 National Scientist for Mathematics
- Paulo C. Campos MD, 1989 National Scientist for Nuclear Medicine
- Ernesto O. Domingo, 2010 National Scientist for Infectious Diseases
- Manuel Calleja Fernandez MD, Dermatology
- Manuel Ocampo Fernandez MD, Cosmetic Surgery
- Hilario D. G. Lara MD, 1985 National Scientist for Public Health
- Alejandro R. Legarda MD, President of the Philippines Association of Obstetrics and Gynecology in 1964
- Fe del Mundo MD, 1980 National Scientist for Pediatrics
- Geminiano T. de Ocampo PhD, 1982 National Scientist for Ophthalmology
- Nicanor E. Padilla
- Jose Rizal, Opthalmology
- Juan S. Salcedo Jr. MD, 1978 National Scientist for Nutrition and Public Health
- Perla D. Santos-Ocampo, 2010 National Scientist for Pediatrics
- Maximo Viola, Opthalmology
- Aristeo Rizal Ubaldo, Opthalmology
- Jose Natalio Rodriguez invented new methods in controlling leprosy
- Benito Salvador Valdez MD, Director of San Juan de Dios Hospital
- Emmanuel Gomez Almeda
- Filomena Francisco, first licensed female pharmacist and topnotcher of the Pharmacy Board exams in 1908.
- Casimiro del Rosario PhD, 1982 National Scientist for Physics, Astronomy, and Meteorology
- Alfredo V. Lagmay PhD, 1988 National Scientist for Experimental Psychology
- Melissa Jalandoni Macapagal
- Gelia T. Castillo PhD, 1999 National Scientist for Rural Sociology
- Clare R. Baltazar PhD, 2000 National Scientist for Systematic Entomology
- Lourdes J. Cruz PhD, 2006 National Scientist for Marine Biology
- Francisco M. Fronda PhD, 1983 National Scientist for Animal Husbandry
- Eugenio K. Hernando
- Teodulo M. Topacio, 2008 National Scientist for Veterinary Medicine
- Carmen C. Velasquez PhD, 1983 National Scientist for Parasitology
- "Briefer on the Order of National Scientists". Official Gazzette. Presidential Communications Development and Strategic Planning Office. Date accessed: 13 July 2012.
How to Contribute
- Please click the "Join Project" button on the upper right of the project page.
- After getting yourself added as a collaborator for the surname, select the profile of the prominent Filipino you wish to add.
- Navigate to the profile. Under the "More Actions" link, choose "Add to Project" and select sub-project to which your ancestor should be included in.
- Include in the "About Me" section a brief biographical sketch, summarizing the person's significant contributions and accomplishments. (Required)
- Include a photograph, if one exists.
- Mark the profile as "public" and not "private". (Required)