This sub-project aims to organize genealogical data on notable visual artists who are Filipino or have Filipino lineage. Artists are classified under the primary medium they express their art.
This project includes artists acclaimed for their contribution to Philippine culture as National Artists, those who have won international fame in visual arts and design, and those who have unique perspectives depicted in art. Find more at the master project page, Families of the Philippines.
Image: The Spoliarium is a painting by Filipino artist Juan Luna. The painting currently hangs in the main gallery at the ground floor of the National Museum of the Philippines, and is the first work of art that greets visitors upon entry into the museum.
- Fernando C. Amorsolo - National Artist
- Justiano M. Asuncion - National Artist
- Benedicto R. Cabrera - National Artist
- Victorio C. Edades - National Artist
- Simon R. Flores - National Artist
- Carlos V. Francisco - National Artist
- Lorenzo Guerrero - Juan Luna's teacher
- Felix Resurreccion
- Jose T. Joya
- Ang Kiukok - National Artist
- Cesar Legaspi - National Artist
- Juan N. Luna - Gold Medalist in the Exposición Nacional de Bellas Artes in 1884 in Madrid
- Arturo R. Luz - National Artist
- Andrei J. Macapagal
- Vicente S. Manansala - National Artist
- Jeremias Elizalde Navarro - National Artist
- Hernando R. Ocampo - National Artist
- Fabian C. de la Rosa
- Fernando M. Zobel de Ayala
- Napoleon Abueva
- Eduardo Castrillo
- Abdulmari Asia Imao - National Artist
- Guillermo Tolentino - National Artist
- Federico Alcuaz
- Carlo J. Caparas
How to Contribute
- Please click the "Join Project" button on the upper right of the project page.
- After adding yourself as a "Follower" or "Collaborator", select the profile of the accomplished individual you wish to add.
- Navigate to that profile. Under the "More Actions" link, choose "Add to Project" and select sub-project to which that profile should be included in.
- Include in the "About Me" section a brief biographical sketch, summarizing the person's significant contributions and accomplishments. (Required)
- Include a photograph, if one exists.
- Mark the profile as "public" and not "private". (Required)