Welcome to the Geni research volunteers project
Please feel free to apply to join this project, and/or follow the project.
If you have research interests and abilities and like helping others on Geni, this is the project for you.
The purpose of this project is to provide a central location for Geni users to list the areas of the world family tree where they have particular expertise, knowledge, research interests or capabilities, or access to research materials that others may not have.
While that could be done on a Wiki page, a project format allows for discussions as well.
Participation is purely voluntary.
Capabilities can be listed by country, era, or genre. Interests may be wide or narrow.
Geni curators are currently setting up their own project at Geni Curators, listing their capabilities. The format of listing capabilities in this project is intended to mirror that of the Geni curators project.
Another sister project is Genealogy Specialists on Geni.
Users listed in this project can be Geni Basic, Plus, Pro or curator, without discrimination.
Brief listing of Geni research volunteers
Please list your name, link to your profile, and list the areas where you would like to offer research help to your fellow Geni users?
Maximum two lines per person please. Free text. We may formalise a structure later. Start a project discussion thread if you want to write more.
- Annemarie Willing to advise and offer help for research in England, Ireland and the Netherlands. See also Ireland brickwall project
- Terry Jackson United Kingdom, especially advising on how to get started and how to focus in on a geographical area in the UK. Canada and Ireland, and research into the Plantagenets and Normans.
- Maria Edmonds-Zediker Colonial Virginia 1600s to US Civil War.
- David Prins Western European Jewry - especially Dutch and German and UK - and exiles from Spain from 1492 - and their migration to other parts of the world.
- Judi Burns Greene county Indiana; descendants of John & Anthony Emery of Newbury; McKee; Vandeventer; Hardesty/Hardisty; Ovetrnyer; Norris of Md
- Pam Karp Willing to help users get started, working mainly in Eastern Europe.
- Sharon Doubell. SA French Huguenots; amaXhosa & amaZulu lines; Charlemagne; Macbeth's Scots; Orkney saga Vikings. Collating stories of everyday soldiers in the WWII N African Campaign
- June Barnes happy to help if I can on South African, Zimbabwean/Zambian, Scottish and English genealogy. Also interested in Botanists, Gardeners and Horticulturists.
- Robert Holmberg Happy to help if I can on the following areas: Åland Islands , Finland and "New Sweden" and specially Geni Project New Sweden (1600 to about 1750)