"Chances are you've heard the adage, "George Washington slept here." There is a reason for the saying. The man got around. I don't mean he got around in a nudge, nudge, wink, wink, ya' know what I mean kind of way, but he did sleep in a lot of places. During the Revolutionary War he traveled across the Mid-Atlantic states and through the Northeast eating, drinking and catching some shut-eye in various taverns and inns."
"Tracing Washington's steps, either the actual steps or the possibilities, is a way to travel through American history."
Tracing Washington's steps is a way to travel through genealogy, too.
Bring on over your ancestor's profiles associated with places George Washington slept. I've linked below some ways to research that: please feel free to add more.
- George Washington Slept Here Markers
- Videos for George Washington Slept Here
- George Washington slept here Flkr group
- George Washington Slept Here - google image search
- George Washington Indeed Slept Here
- George Washington's Valley Forge Camp Bed
- Washington Slept Here - google books search results
- Washington slept here - blog search results