Scope of Project
This project is a place to gather together profiles of the Honorary Fellows of the Royal Society of Edinburgh.
The Royal Society of Edinburgh is Scotland's national academy of science and letters. It is a registered charity, operating on a wholly independent and non-party-political basis and providing public benefit throughout Scotland. Established in 1783, it has since then drawn upon the strengths and expertise of its Fellows, of which there are currently more than 1500.
The Society covers a broader selection of fields than the Royal Society of London including literature and history. Unlike similar organisations in the rest of the UK, the Fellowship includes people from a wide range of disciplines - science & technology, arts, humanities, medicine, social science, business and public service. This breadth of expertise makes the Royal Society of Edinburgh unique in the UK.
- Wikipedia contributors. "Royal Society of Edinburgh." Wikipedia, The Free Encyclopedia.
- The Royal Society of Edinburgh
- Biographical Index of former RSE Fellows 1783-2002 (short)
- Biographical Index of former RSE Fellows 1783-2002 Part 1. (A-J )
- Biographical Index of former RSE Fellows 1783-2002 Part 2. (K-Z)