Famous People Connected to Huntingdonshire
Image right - Samuel Pepys
Please add information about people of renown connected to Huntingdonshire, England. If the person has a profile on Geni please add their profile to the project and add the link in bold.
To participate in any project
- you do need to first be a collaborator - so please join the project using the request link under "actions" at the top right of the page. Visit Geni Wikitext, Unicode and images which gives a great deal of assistance. See the discussion Project Help: How to add Text to a Project - Starter Kit to get you going!
How to add a link is explained in the attached document - Adding links to Geni profiles in projects.
- Lucy M. Boston (1892–1990) English children's writer, lived in Huntingdonshire from 1937 until her death, and set the Green Knowe series there.
- Lancelot Capability Brown, (1716-1783) landscape gardener lived in Fenstanton and his grave is in the churchyard.
- Oliver Cromwell, (1599-1658) Lord Protector of England, was born and educated in Huntingdon.
- Peter Foxhall (1941- ), Australian clergyman, evangelist and author, was born in St Neots
- Sir John Major, KG, CH, PC, ACIB (born 29 March 1943) is a British Conservative politician who served as Prime Minister of the United Kingdom from 1990 to 1997. Member of Parliament for Huntingdon 1979-1983 (Now Cambridgeshire)
- Samuel Pepys (1633-1703) seventeenth-century MP and diarist
- Henry Royce, born in Huntingdonshire and famed as the originator of Rolls Royce cars
- Dick Turpin, the legendary highwayman. It is believed he stayed at The George Hotel in Huntingdon when he "worked" the Great North Road
Related Projects on Geni
this project is in HistoryLink