This project is for people who have tested and been assigned the paternal haplogroup I1 (M253) and also for people who are believed to have belonged to this paternal haplogroup based on tests done on descendants.
- M253, M307, P30, and P40
(to be added)
I-M253 occurs at greatest frequency in Scandinavia.
Subclades of I
- I - I-M170
See Tree for I1 in Project Documents for Ken Nordtvedt's (May 2012) tree
ISOGG I Tree http://www.isogg.org/tree/ISOGG_HapgrpI.html
- Birger Magnusson (died 1266), regent of Sweden and the founder of Stockholm
- Snorri Sturluson (1179-1241), see YSearch.org (KCV4E, M7MRC)
- Leo Tolstoy (1828-1910) Famous russian novelist and author.
- Alexander Hamilton (1757-1804) Was one of the founding fathers of the United States, signed the constitution.
- Warren Buffet (f. 1930) American business magnate, investor, and philanthropist.
- Calvin Coolidge (1872-1933) 30th President of the USA.
Update May 24, 2011: Finding the founder of Stockholm.
How to Participate
To participate in this project, join or follow the project, then add your oldest known ancestor who belonged to this haplogroup. The profile must be set to public in order to add it.