The goal is to facilitate the creation of the grand Indian family tree. India here refers to "ancient" India and includes the entire Indian sub continent and parts of central Asia.
- The tree uses "Brahma" as the nodal point for starting the tree. Many parts of the tree are considered "mythical", but I have included them for now.
- Roughly 250 generations or 5000 years of Geneology is being covered here.
- The tree winds down to to cover all major dynasties of modern India including Rajputs, Mughals, Marathas among others.
The tree already has close to 10,000 profiles but need more work to add people and enrich existing profiles. Some of the major profiles are mentioned here.
Help is needed to complete this project, so please feel free to add to the tree.
- Lord Brahma's 10 Son's: Marichi, Atri,
* Suryavanshi Lineage * Chandravanshi Lineage
- Mewar (Udaipur)
* Pratapnagar * Shahpura * Shivrati * Karjali
- Marwar (Jodhpur)
* Rohet * Idar * Ratlam * Balunda * Bikaner
- Tehri Garhwal
- Lahore (punjab)
* Sindh (Pakistan) * Kutch * Nawanagar * Dhrol * Gondal * Morbi
- Cooch Behar
- Tehri Garhwal
Note: The branches are at various stages of completeness and need further work.
How can you help?
There are two directions we need to work on
1) Enrich profiles - Look at the list of profiles added here and the profiles of people in there tree and add information in the profiles such as location, dates, about me etc and connect them to the source. This is THE most critical part of the tree
2) Build Branches - Starting 5000 years back, means the tree has thousands of branches and can run into millions of profiles. if you feel strongly about a particular branch, please feel free to add the branch
Dealing with historical data always leads to conflicts due to language and source interpretations. In case you feel any data entered here is conflicting to your belief or the source you have, please contact me before you edit it. I am totally OK with changing data here, just better to cross check sources.