Alternate Spellings: Jans van Rensburg, Janse van Rensburg, Janzen van Rensburg, van Rensburg.
In order to maintain consistency the first 5 Generations on Geni use the Janse(n) van Rensburg spelling. Beyond that the name should be spelt as preferred by the families involved.
Please do not add all your Janse(n) van Rensburg profiles to this project - only those that there are queries about. An outline of immediate descendants will be added at the bottom of the page in due course, so please be patient or offer to do this!! For more information about Claas SV/PROG please visit his profile page.
Queries in both English and Afrikaans are welcome. For maximum effect write your query in both, but If you have difficulty with this do contact either June English for assistance. There is a list of others who have offerred to help included on the South Africans' Geni Landing Site. WELKOM CUZZINS! project page.
To participate in any project
- you do need to first be a collaborator - so join the project. Project Help: How to add Text to a Project - Starter Kit to get you going!
This project has been set up to service the Janse(n) van Rensburg tree on Geni. We will post links to useful web pages here, but probably the most important purpose is to have somewhere where descendants can post queries and ask for help.
How to do this.
- Firstly use the drop down menu at the top left of the screen and Join the Project. If this option is not available to you then contact a collaborator and ask to be added to the project.
- Next open the edit tab on the project page and add your Query to the list below. Make sure that you include all vital information you have here. When you have typed your query please add a short line --- (three -) on the next line to mark the end of the entry.
- Start a discussion using the name as a heading, and link that discussion to the entry you have added to the profile. (If you do not know how to do this please ask either June (English) who will be happy to help you)!
- If you have a profile for the person you are making an enquiry about please add that profile to the project. (Use the tab at the right or the drop down menu on their profile page).
- Sit back and wait for someone to pick up on your query!!
When your query has been answered or a solution has been found please remove the query from the page.
Janse(n) van Rensburg Help Requests and Queries
Notable Janse(n) van Rensburgs
Johannes Jacobus Janse(n) van Rensburg b1c1d2e2 (1779 - ...) Voortrekker leader
Siener van Rensburg Anglo Boer War "seer" or "soothsayer"
DNA testing is gaining momentum. If you have had your JvR DNA test done please share some of your findings here!
- Christo Janse van Renburg DNA Project
- van Rensburg Genetic pool including excellent notes on various slaves.
Resources, Links and References
- van Rensburg Genealogy is a very comprehensive outline of the van Rensburg family presented by Andre van Rensburg and his son Martin. Contact: email@example.com
- Richard Ball has very good information on a section of the family starting with Claas Janz van Rensburg
- Jansen Van rensburg DNA Project
- Christo van Rensburg's Website
South African Genealogies Volume 9 Page 264