The project seeks to collect all of the Jewish families from the town of Blovice (Blowitz)
Blovice (Czech pronunciation: [ˈblovɪtsɛ]; German: Blowitz) is a town in the Pilsen Region of the Czech Republic. It lies on the River Úslava, some 25 kilometres (16 mi) to the South-East from the regional capital of Pilsen.
Blovice is also a Municipality with Extended Competence and a Municipality with Commissioned Local Authority within the same borders.
Geography: The town is a natural, cultural, geographical and historical centre of the Úslava river valley in the rich southern Bohemia region. It is also the focal point of the Township Union Úslava (Czech: Svazek obcí Úslava) , a union of 15 municipalities located in the immediate area of Blovice. It is a city rich with history, culture, architecture, influential residents and prominent personalities, as well as ample recreational opportunities.
History: The oldest historical discoveries date back to the early Stone Age. The first written word of Blovice is from the year 1284, when a reference was made to the Blovice market associated with the Nepomuk citadel. According to this note, king Vaclav II declares that thieves caught in the municipality be tried in court Blovice or the high court Nepomuk, rather than sent to the high court in Prague.
According to written history, Blovice was granted town status in the latter half of the 14th century. Around year 1420, the city was walled to protect from attackers. At this time, the area was ruled by the house Schwanberger. After the death of Bohuslav de Schwanberger, the house of Jaroslav from Javor began its rule of the Blovice province. Beginning with about 1534, King Vilem (Wilhelm) of Netunice invaded the city, driving out the descendants of Jaroslav from Javor. in Bohemia, Czech Republic