This project seeks to list representatives of all of the Jewish families from the Moravian town of Telč (Teltsch) in the Czech Republic.
The new Jewish cemetery was built in 1879-80 near U širokých luk behind the suburban forest Oslednice. It is enclosed by a brick wall and has 2784 m. On the western wall outside of the cemetery, there is the ceremony hall. On both sides of the entrance door, there are gabbroic polished memorial tablets with inscriptions. In the cemetery, there are three rows of modern gravestones – approximately 200, with Hebrew, German and Czech inscriptions. During and after the war the cemetery was partly devastated. Today, the cemetery is administered by the Jewish Community in Brno.
Synagogue in Telč
The construction started in 1904 and was ordered at Karel Wagner, the architecture of Jihlava. The courtyard of the house No. 41 on today´s Zachariáš of Hradec Square was used for the construction. Originally the entrance to the synagogue was from the house gateway, i.e. from the Square, later a stone bridge with a metal gate was built from the street Na Parkaně. Inner equipment – the Law case and a reading stand nearby, the remaining part of the hall was free for the seats (there were 118 men seats, 72 seats for women on the gallery). During the war the synagogue was closed. After the war, the synagogue served for different purposes (nursery school). Currently it is in a bad status.
Commemorative plaque for victims of World War II
In 1990, the committee of the Museum Association in Telč proposed to install a commemorative plaque with the name of the victims of the WWII. In the victims list you can read the surname, the name, the date of birth, the date and place of death. The list is arranged according to alphabet, the relatives are mentioned together. In Telč were 143 victims, from those 105 citizens of Jewish origin. The monument authors were students at AVU Praha. This complex was installed in the ambit of the St. Jakub Church on the Kypta Square and it was unveiled on 27 October 1994.