The purpose of this project is to be able to have a list of all of the Jewish Mayors outside of Israel. This project will be listed by continent, then by country and finally town or city.
- Fritz Sonnenberg, Mayor from 1951 to 1953
- Maurice Freeman, Mayor
- The Hon. Edward Aaron Cohen, MLA, Mayor of Melbourne 1862-63
- Gerald Goldberg, 1st Jewish Lord Mayor of Cork in 1977.
- Ben Briscoe, Jewish Lord Mayor of Dublin for one term, 1988-1989
- Bob Briscoe, First Jewish Lord Mayor of Dublin, serving two terms - 1956-1957 and 1961-1962
- Jacques Wallage, serving from October 1, 1998 until June 25, 2009
- Sir Otto Jaffe, was Lord Mayor of Belfast in both 1899 and 1904.
- Charles Mozley (1863-1864)
- Louis Samuel Cohen (1899-1900)
- Cyril Eric Carr, C.B.E. (1981) Died in office on 1 November 1981
- Edwin M. Clein (2000-2001)
- Ron Gould (2003-2004)
- Alan Dean (2005-2006)
- Sir Benjamin Samuel Phillips, first Jewish Alderman and was Lord Mayor of London, serving in 1865. Also served as Sheriff of the City of London before becoming Lord Mayor.
- Sir David Salomons, first Jewish Lord Mayor of London, serving in 1855. Also was the first Jewish Sheriff of the City of London
- Mel Lastman, first Jewish mayor of the current City of Toronto, and the only Jewish mayor of the former City of North York
- David Oppenheimer, first Jewish Mayor and the second Mayor of Vancouver. Before becoming Mayor, he was one of the founding Alderman. Held office from 1888 to 1891.
Atlantic City, New Jersey
- Harry Bacharach, 5-time Mayor (1912 for 6 months, 1916-1920, 1930-1935)
- Murray Seasongood was chosen by the city council to be Mayor from 1926 to 1930.
- Jerry Springer was chosen by the city council to be Mayor for one year, 1977-1978
- Adlene Harrison On February 11, 1976, Adlene Harrison became the acting mayor of Dallas after the presiding mayor's resignation. She was the first Jewish woman to become mayor of a major American city, as well as the first woman mayor of Dallas.
- Marx Schoenberg was appointed mayor in 1870 and murdered on election day, Nov 8, 1870.
Durham, North Carolina
- Emanuel J. "Mutt" Evans, served as the mayor of Durham, North Carolina for six consecutive terms from 1951 to 1963. Mayor Evans was married to Sarah Nachamson, sister of Doris and Naomi.
Gastonia, North Carolina
- Leon Schneider, Mayor of Gastonia from 1954-1957. Mayor Schneider was married to Naomi Nachamson, sister of Sarah and Doris.
Huntington, West Virginia
- Harold L. Frankel, Mayor of Huntington for four terms - in 1957 to 1958, 1958 to 1959, 1974 to 1975, and 1977 to 1978. An interesting note is that Mayor Frankel was married to Doris "Dodi" Nachamson of North Carolina. Two other Nachamson sisters were married to the Jewish mayors of the Southern towns of Durham and Gastonia, North Carolina.
Kinderhook, New York
- Major Mordecai Myers, first Jewish Mayor in 1838.
New York City
- Abraham David Beame, First Jewish Mayor of NYC
- Michael Bloomberg
- Edward Irving Koch, 3-term mayor
- Fiorello H. LaGuardia, 3-term mayor
- Sophie Masloff who was 70 years old when she took office. Her image as a "little Jewish grandmother" made her a well liked figure. She was the first woman to hold that office. Held office from 1988 to 1994
- Samuel Pettigrew, who held office from 1832 to 1836. He was appointed by City Council and then won the first mayoral election.
- Solomon Jacobs was acting Mayor from 1818 to 1819.
San Francisco, California
- Adolph Sutro, 24th and first Jewish Mayor, held office for one term (January 7, 1895 – January 3, 1897)
- Herman Myers, 43rd and first Jewish Mayor, held office for 5 two-year terms (1895-1897, 1899-1907)
Schenectady, New York
- Major Mordecai Myers, first Jewish Mayor in 1851 and served again in 1854.