Famous People Connected to Kincardineshire
Image right - James Beattie FRSE (1735 – 1803)
Those people of note with connections to the county are listed below. Some of these connections are a little tenuous - counties like to lay claim to people of renown!
To participate in any project
- you do need to first be a collaborator - so please join the project using the request link under "actions" at the top right of the page. Visit Geni Wikitext, Unicode and images which gives a great deal of assistance. See the discussion Project Help: How to add Text to a Project - Starter Kit to get you going!
Please add information about people of renown connected to Kincardineshire, Scotland. If the person has a profile on Geni please add their profile to the project and add the link in bold.
How to add a link is explained at - Working with Projects
- John Campbell Arbuthnott, 16th Viscount of Arbuthnott, KT, CBE, DSC, JP (26 October 1924 – 14 July 2012) was a Scottish peer, Lord Lieutenant of Kincardineshire (1977–1999) and a notable businessman.
- James Beattie FRSE (25 October 1735 – 18 August 1803) was a Scottish poet, moralist and philosopher.
- Lewis Grassic Gibbon was the pseudonym of James Leslie Mitchell (13 February 1901 – 7 February 1935), a Scottish writer.
- Sir Charles Abercrombie Smith (12 May 1834 - 1 May 1919) was a prominent scientist, politician and civil servant of the Cape Colony. Born in St Cyrus, Kincardineshire, Scotland - he emigrated and settled in the Cape Colony in 1860
Related Projects on Geni
- Kincardineshire - Main Page
- Historic Kincardineshire (Link to follow)
- Kincardineshire - Family Heads