Kincardineshire, Historic County of Scotland
This is the Umbrella project for Kincardineshire
Please do not link profiles to this project - its purpose is to inform!
Still to Come
- Kincardineshire Genealogical Resources
- Kincardineshire Historical Page
HELP is always welcome!!
- Administrative centre Stonehaven
- Chapman County Code - KCD
- Gaelic Name
- AKA also known as Kincardineshire or The Mearns (from A' Mhaoirne meaning 'The Stewartry')
- Famous for:
- Landmarks and Places of Interest
- Allardice Castle
- Cowie Castle, (ruins)
- Dunnottar Castle
- Fetteresso Castle
- Fowlsheugh Nature Reserve
- Lewis Grassic Gibbon Centre, Arbuthnott
- Muchalls Castle
- Portlethen Moss
- The Tolbooth, Stonehaven
- Ury House
- Area 985 sq. KM (380 sq.miles)
- Succeeded by
- County Flower -
Kincardineshire was a local government county on the coast of northeast Scotland. It was bounded by Aberdeenshire on the north and west, and by Angus on the south.
The Districts of Kincardineshire
- Cowie Water,
- Carron Water,
- Luther Water,
- Burn of Muchalls,
- Burn of Pheppie,
- Burn of Elsick,
- Burn of Monboys and the
- lower reaches of the River Dee.
If you have Kincardineshire connections please join the project.
To participate in any project
- you do need to first be a collaborator - so please join the project using the request link under "actions" at the top right of the page. Visit Geni Wikitext, Unicode and images which gives a great deal of assistance. See the discussion Project Help: How to add Text to a Project - Starter Kit to get you going!