Makeda, Queen of Sheba, "I am not a woman but a world".
Strong, spirited women whose transcedental lives, or whose legendary stories, have elevated mankind with either their mystique, incomparable ethereal beauty, wisdom, wit, virtue, grace, talent, kindness or exceptional courage.
Start your "Legendary Heroines*" genealogical journey, Experience past worlds, Stroll through the annals of world history to meet the remarkable ancestors upon whose stalwart shoulders we stand today.
In this featured project, we will encounter the influence and persuasiveness of the Feminine Mystique's power through the ages. Each heroine* personifies outstanding attributes of their times to help you capture the spirit of the times, and the mood of the moment.
Be awed by the transcendental qualities of the Breathtaking, Bold, Brave Women of the Sacred Scriptures, and the Powerful Women Icons of Ancient/Classical Civilizations and Dynasties.
Admire the Zealous, Valiant, Spirited, Pioneering, Wise Women of the Middle Ages who paved the way for the Passionate, Creative, Revolutionary,'Luminary Renaissance Thinkers.
Finally, revel in the victories of the newly empowered Liberated Femme Fatales of the previous century, champion crusaders of Liberty, unbridled Free Spirits who campaigned so that we should be able to enjoy our new Millennium free of all gender challenges in an Altruistic, Unconventional, Boundary Breaking 21st Century.
We end our historical tour by paying homage to immortal portraits of Women through the Ages. Please note, to meet the bright new living legends of tomorrow, just catch another project tour.
Please note that this is an ongoing project, please feel free to join and add to the list of audacious women who made a difference!
Breathtaking, Bold, Brave Unpredictable Women of the Sacred Scriptures'
- Abigail - Prophetess, King David's 3rd Wife
- BathSheba, King Solomon's Mother, King David's 8th Wife
- Bithiah, Pharaoh's Daughter, Rescued Moses, Highly Revered
- Queen Esther of Persia
- Eve, Divine Mother, the Original Perfect Woman
- Lilith, Adam's Independent 1st wife, Defiant, Uninhibited, Reckless, and Infertile
- Makeda, Beautiful, Adventurous, Intelligent, Gracious Queen of Sheba
- María of Nazareth (Virgin Mary) Transcedental Mystique
- Michal, Loved passionately, Defied her father King Saul to save David
- Rachel, Legendary Romance with Jacob, Joseph of Egypt's mother
- Rahab, Heroic Prostitute with a Heart of Gold
- Ruth, The Moabite Princess, The Epitome of Kindness
- Tamar, Brave Courageous, Seductress
- Vashti, Queen of Persia - The First Feminist
Powerful Women Icons of Ancient/Classical Civilizations and Dynasties
- Aphrodite, Greek Goddess of Fertility, Love, and Beauty
- Artemis, Olympian Goddess of Hunting and Childbirth
- Bouidca, Beautiful Brave, Long Red-Headed Celtic Warrior Queen
- Cleopatra Queen of Egypt, Lover of Julius Caesar and Mark Anthony
- Helen of Troy Greek mythology - The Most Beautiful Woman in the World
- HypatiaὙπατία, renowned scholar, mathematician, philosopher
- Medea, a woman in Greek mythology. Daughter of King Aeëtes of Colchis, niece of Circe, granddaughter of the sun god Helios, and later wife to the hero Jason
- Nefertiti Queen of Egypt, Symbol of Timeless Beauty
- Norse, Beautiful, Blonde Prophetess Sif, Priestess Queen of Apollo
- Pallas Athena, Greek goddess of wisdom, civilization, warfare, strength, strategy, female arts, crafts, justice and skill. A companion of heroes and the goddess of heroic endeavour, and the virgin patron of Athens and the Athenians
- Pythia -The Delphi Oracle, (Sybil) Most Authoritative oracle in the Greek world
- Saint Helena, Revered Mother of Emperor Constantine l
Spirited, Valiant, Pioneering, Wise Women of the Middle Ages 500 - 1500CE
- Jeanne d'Arc, The Maid of Orléans (ca. 1412 – 1431) a national heroine of France and a Catholic saint.
- Fatimah bint Muhammad فاطمة; A Woman of Universal Renowned Virtue
- Eleanor d Aquitaine, Spirited Queen Consort of both France and England
- Aoife, Courageous, Boundary Breaking, Ambitious Irish Princess of Leinster
- Caterina Sforza, Bold, Courageous, Illegitimate Progenitor of Royalty, Medicis, and Dukes
- Empress Wu Zetian, Sacred and Divine Empress Regnant , only woman in the history of China to assume the title
- Khadijah bint Khuwaylid, خديجة بنت خويلدrevered amongst Muslims as a "mother of the believers"
- Donna Gracia Mendes Nassi, Influential Financier,Philanthropist, Diplomat
- Queen Isabella, The Powerful Catholic Queen of Castile and León
- Zoe Karbonopsina, Empress consort of the Byzantine Empire
- Theophano Beautiful, ,Byzantine Empress, Consort of Romanus II, Nicephorus II, Regent for Basil II and Constantine VIII
- Anna Porphyrogeneta of the Byzantine Empire, Princess Of Bulgaria
- Olga / Helena, Regent of Kiev
- Lady Godiva, Anglo-Saxon Bold Flashing Noblewoman Demonstrator
- Catherine de Medici, Queen Consort of France,Renaissance Patron of the Arts
- Thyra Danish Queen renown for Prudence
- Meerabai Aristocratic Hindu Mystical Singer, Avatar of the Eternal
- Anne Hutchinson, Courageous exponent of Civil & Religious Toleration in England's American colonies
Creative, Revolutionary, Luminary Thinkers and Leaders (1500 - 1900)
- Catherine II the Great Empress of All Russia (1729 - 1796)
- Martha Allen, Salem Witch Trial Revolutionary, Spiritual Giant, Pioneer Puritan Feminist
- Tahirih, Iranian Revolutionary Religious Leader, Exquisite Beauty, Sublime Intelligence
- Isadora Duncan, Legendary Dancer, Creator of Modern Dance
- Mary Barrett Dyer a martyred Quaker executed for her beliefs
- Nancy Nanye-hi Ward "Ghigua", or Beloved Woman of the Cherokee
- Florence Nightingale, Legendary Humanitarian, Nurse, Author
- Emilie du Chatelet, French mathematician, physicist, and author
- Harriet Martineau, English Sociologist and Author
- Annie Oakley, Expert Marksman Cultural Icon
- Clara Barton, Nurse, Teacher,Humanitarian, Founder of the American Red Cross
- Elizabeth I Tudor, Queen of England and Ireland
- "Libbie" Bacon Custer, Popular Novelist, Devoted wife of General George Armstrong Custer.
- Jessie Anne Fremont, Outspoken Political Activist, and Popular Writer.
- Lucretia Coffin Mott, American Quaker, Abolitionist, Social Reformer
- Jane Austen, England's Peerless Fiesty Romance Novelist
- Rebecca Boone, Pioneer Wife of Famed Frontiersman Daniel Boone
- Bathsua Makin, Spunky, English Scholar, Writer, Educator and early Feminist
- Emily Dickinson, Prolific pre-modernist American Poet
- Grandma Moses, Renowned American Folk Artist
- Charlotte Bronte, Poet and Novelist Author of Jane Eyre
- Emily Jane Bronte, Poet , Novelist Author of Wuthering Heights
- Harriet Stowe, Poet, Internationally Acclaimed Author Uncle Tom's Cabin
- Elizabeth Stanton, American Social Activist, Abolitionist, Women's Movement Leader
- Susan B. Anthony, Prominent American Civil and Women's Rights Leader
- Louisa May Alcott, Abolitionist, Feminist and Famous American Author Little Women & Little Men
- Amelia Mary Earhart, noted American Aviation Pioneer and Author
- Marie Skłodowska–Curie, Nobel Laureate Physics/ChemistryRadium Radioactivity
- Bahiyyih Khánum, Baha’í Leader and Heroine
- Mary Seacole, Jamaican nurse in the Crimean War
- Anita Garibaldi, Brazilian wife and comrade-in-arms of Italian revolutionary Giuseppe Garibaldi. Their partnership epitomized the spirit of the 19th century's age of romanticism and revolutionary liberalism
Contemporary Femme Fatales, Liberated, Strong, Independant Free Spirits' 1900 - 2010
- Eva Peron, First Lady of Argentina, Philanthropist, Actress, Politician, Spiritual "Leader of the Nation"
- Simone de Beauvior, French existentialist Philosopher,Proto-feminist , Jean-Paul Sartre's partner
- Frida Kahlo, Passionate, Revolutionary Artist
- Greta Garbo, Stunningly, Exquisite, Ethereal, Movie Star
- Ingrid Bergman, Swedish Born, Internationally Multi Award Winning Actress
- Maria Callas, Greek Soprano, The Legendary Diva Opera Singer of the 20th century
- Maharani Gayatri Devi, Parliament Leader, Princess, Vogue's 10 Most Beautiful Women list
- Gloria Steinem, 60's 70's Feminist Icon, Journalist, Renown Political Activist
- Christiane Amanpour, Internationally acclaimed War Correspondent & Broadcast Journalist
- Grace Kelly, Princess consort of Monaco, and Oscar Winning American Movie Star
- Golda Meir, Prime Minister of Israel, Famous International Stateswoman
- Katherine Hepburn, Oscar Winning American Actress of Film, Stage and Television
- Lucille Ball, nonpareil American Comedienne, Star of the landmark sitcom I Love Lucy
- Helen Keller, Ramarkable Blind Activist, Social Reformer and Prolific Author
- First Lady Jackie Kennedy wife of JFK, Peerless, Poise, Style and Elegance
- Emilie Schindler, Courageous Humanitarian
- Janet Brewster Murrow, Correspondent, Writer, Relief Work Organizer, and Educator
- Cokie Roberts, American Emmy Award-winning Journalist, Author "Founding Mothers"
- Harriot Eaton Stanton Blatch, American writer and Suffragist
- Lindy Boggs, United States House of Representatives and Ambassador to the Vatican
- Caroline Schlossberg-Kennedy, Author, Attorney, Only surviving child of U.S. President John F. Kennedy
- Laine Roht , Witch of Kaika renown Estonian Wonder Healer
- Joan Whitney Payson, New York Mets co-owner, Philanthropist, Patron of the Arts
- Julie Child, Spirited Legendary French Chef, Author, American Icon
- Angela Merkel, Chancellor of Germany, Chair G8, Topped Forbes 100 Most Powerful Women List
- Margaret Thatcher, Prime Minister United Kingdom, Baroness, "The Iron Lady'
- Hannah Szenes חנה סנש, Paratrooper, Heroine, Resistance Fighter in WWll
- Anne Frank, Author, Holocaust Victim,Time Magazine's List - The Most Important People of the 20th Century
- Rosa Parks, African American Civil Rights Activist, "the mother of the freedom movement"
- Geraldine Doyle, Inspired the "We Can Do It" famous Poster
- Ayaan Hirsi Ali, Courageous Dutch Feminist Activist, Writer, Politician
- Diane Arbus Legendary Photographer
- Sylvia Plath, Pulitzer Prize winning Poet
- Catherine Deneuve , Actress, Voted Most Beautiful Elegant in the world.
- Janis Joplin, one of the 100 Greatest Singers of All Time
- Madonna, Guiness Records most successful female Recording Artist of all time
- Veruschka, First Super Model, Bold, Exotic Iconaclast.
Paintings: The Saints & Sirens, Women Immortalized by Artists
- Venus figurines
- Visages d' Art
- The Transformation of Women in Art
- Beauty: An Illustrated Timeline
- Deconstruction: Post Modern Art
- Sandro Botticelli's, The Birth of Venus , (1485)
- Leonardo Da Vinci, The Mona Lisa , (1502) artist Geni profile
- Raphael, La Fornarina ,(1518) artist Geni profile
- Jan Vermeer, Girl with a Pearl Earring , (1665) artist Geni profile
- James McNeill, Whistler's Mother , (1871) artist Geni profile
- Gustav Klimt, Adele Bloch-Bauer , (1907) artist Geni profile
- Pablo Picasso, Dora Maar , (1937) Artist Geni profile
- Salvador Dali,The Madonna of Port Lligat , (1950)
- John Dietrich erotic art photography
- Willem de Kooning, Marilyn Monroe ,(1954)
- Andy Warhol, Turquoise Marilyn , (1964) artist Geni profile
- Richard Avedon Geni Bio
- Richard Avedon's Marilyn &
- Verushka 1 ,
- 2, *Janis Joplin ,
- Maria Callas
- Leonard Nimoy, Shechina The Divine Feminine, (2002) artist Geni profile
- View A Bedazzling Tycoon's $700million Collection' Female Portraits
*Please note: Currently Living Legends best belong to other projects. *'Browse all 160+ profiles . . .
- Heroine |ˈherō-in| Is a woman admired or idealized for her courage, outstanding achievements, or noble qualities .
- (in mythology and folklore) a woman of superhuman qualities and often semidivine origin, in particular one whose dealings with the gods were the subject of ancient Greek myths and legends. ORIGIN mid 17th cent. (in the sense [demigoddess, venerated woman] )
- French héroïne
- Latin heroina,
- Greek hērōinē. Feminine of hērōs ‘hero.’