Famous People Connected to Lincolnshire
Image right - Sir Joseph Banks
Please add information about people of renown connected to Lincolnshire, England. If the person has a profile on Geni please add their profile to the project and add the link in bold.
To participate in any project
- you do need to first be a collaborator - so please join the project using the request link under "actions" at the top right of the page. Visit Geni Wikitext, Unicode and images which gives a great deal of assistance. See the discussion Project Help: How to add Text to a Project - Starter Kit to get you going!
How to add a link is explained in the attached document - Adding links to Geni profiles in projects.
- Sir Douglas Robert Steuart Bader A Royal Airforce fighter ace in WW2.
- Sir Joseph Banks, 1st Baronet, GCB, PRS Botanist and naturalist who took part in Captain James Cook's first voyage to Australia
- George Bass 30 January 1771 - after 5 February 1803, was a British naval surgeon and explorer. Bass Strait, the passage between Tasmania and mainland Australia, is named after him.
- George Boole Mathematician, philosopher and logician
- Captain Matthew Flinders RN He was the first to circumnavigate Australia and realise it was a continent.
- Rear-Admiral Sir John Franklin KCH FRGS RN a British Royal Navy officer and Arctic explorer. Franklin also served as governor of Tasmania for several years. He disappeared on his last expedition, attempting to chart and navigate a section of the Northwest Passage in the Canadian Arctic.
- Henry IV of Bolingbroke, King of England Born in Bolingbroke Castle.
- Montague Russell Page (1906 – 1985) British landscape architect and garden designer born in Lincolnshire.
- Sir John Smith c. January 1580 – 21 June 1631. An explorer, soldier and author. He was leader of the Jamestown settlement, Virginia.
- Margaret Hilda Thatcher, Baroness Thatcher, LG, OM, PC, FRS former British Prime Minister, 1979-1990.