This is the Umbrella Project Page for Lincolnshire, England.
Please do not link profiles to this project - its purpose is to inform!
- Administrative centre - Lincoln
- County Flower - Common Dog-violet Viola riviniana
- People from Lincoln are called Yellowbelly or Yeller Belly
Lincolnshire is a county in the east of England. It is bordered by Norfolk to the south east; Cambridgeshire to the south; Rutland to the southwest; Leicestershire and Nottinghamshire to the west; South Yorkshire to the northwest and the East Riding of Yorkshire to the north.
The Ceremonial County of Lincolnshire includes the non-metropolitan county of Lincolnshire and the area covered by the unitary authorities of North Lincolnshire and North-East Lincolnshire. This means that the ceremonial county includes part of Yorkshire and the Humber region. Lincolnshire is the second biggest English county. Land use in the county is predominantly agriculture.
Divisions and environments
- North Kesteven
- South Kesteven
- South Holland
- East Lindsey
- West Lindsey
- North Lincolnshire (which is a unitary authority area in the region of Yorkshire and the Humber in England. For ceremonial purposes it is part of Lincolnshire)
- North East Lincolnshire (which is a unitary authority area in the region of Yorkshire and the Humber in England. For ceremonial purposes it is part of Lincolnshire)
Cities and Towns by population size: (2001 census)
- Lincoln - 85,595
- Boston - 64,600
- Grantham - 33,243
- Spalding - 30,000
- Gainsborough - 15,659
- Skegness - 18,910
- Stamford - 17,492
- Louth - 17,000
To participate in any project
- you do need to first be a collaborator - so join the project. See the discussion Project Help: How to add Text to a Project - Starter Kit to get you going!
How to Participate
- If you have any queries please start a discussion linked to this project. (See the menu top right).
- Please add related projects to the menu on the right.
- If you have links to related web pages that would be of interest to others please add them in the relevant section at the bottom of the page. In order to do this use the drop down menu at the top left of the screen and Join the Project. If this option is not available to you then contact a collaborator and ask to be added to the project. As a collaborator you will be able to edit this page.
- Add any documents of interest using the menu at the top right of the page, and then add a link to the document in the text under the heading below. If you do not know how to do this please contact one of the other collaborators to assist you.
See http://photos.geni.com/p13/1e/55/cc/63/5344483e4bb63933/lincolnshire-lincoln_original.jpg for full size image
- http://www.genuki.org.uk/big/eng/LIN/ Genuki: Lincolnshire
- http://www.uk-genealogy.org.uk/england/Lincolnshire/index.html UK Genealogy Archives: Lincolnshire, England
- http://www.lincstothepast.com/ Lincs to the Past "is a site that contains hundreds of thousands of records covering items held in Lincolnshire’s Historic Environment Record, Archives, Libraries, Museums and Tennyson Research Centre."
- http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~genmaps/genfiles/COU_Pages/ENG_pages/lin.htm Genmaps: Lincolnshire
- http://www.roll-of-honour.com/Lincolnshire/index.html Roll of Honour - Lincolnshire