Overview and Scope of Project
The goal of this project is to bring all the Lord Mayors of London at one meeting place.
- wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lord_Mayor_of_London
- wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Lord_Mayors_of_London
Note: the position of Lord Mayor of London is NOT the same as Mayor of London http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mayor_of_London
The incumbent Lord Mayor of London is Michael Bear http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_Bear_(Lord_Mayor)
The incumbent Mayor of London is Boris Johnson - Wikipedia
- For more information about Geni Projects, see the Geni Wiki Projects Page.
- If you would like to contribute to this page, please feel free to edit it. Click here for instructions about using Wiki markup language.
- Send a message to the Project Manager to join us and collaborate.
Join the discussion
For consistency, please make sure the name fields of the Master Profiles include first name, middle name, last name, maiden name if known, otherwise blank, suffix for Sr., Jr., etc. In the display name field only add titles such as Gov. , Sir or Dr. preceding.
For the Lord Mayor of London, note that in the display name field only.
*FN William MN (blank) LN Pickett Suffix Esq. MN (blank)
*Display name: Sir Alderman William Pickett, Esq. "Lord Mayor of London"
The United States did not exist until 1789 and the United Kingdom was formed in 1707. Please be careful about using autocomplete. It is better to use the "place" field and type out the place name. Use place names such as England and South Carolina and spell out the country name with historical accuracy.
Colonial America: Charleston, South Carolina
It makes it easier to read a profile if the "about me" information is filled out in this fashion:
- (vitals, summary)
- example profile: Alderman William Pickett, Lord Mayor of London
- Future releases of the Geni Project module will create a dynamic library of downloadable media for profiles associated with the Project.
-- The media tab of the MP should be used for documentation files. Websites, biographies, census reports, image files -- the richer we make the profile, the more historically and genealogically accurate and meaningful it will be.
-- Adding a source validates the MP, and creates a "timeline" for each life represented by a profile. The more information we add, the more detailed and accurate.
-- Original source data includes: birth certificates, census reports, immigration records, ship rosters, obituaries, marriage licenses ....
- For more about sources, please see: Sources
- Citation data (MLA format is good) should be noted for each source. If someone else can't replicate research, it's not acceptable.
- Instant citation makers on line: