Note: While using ANY genealogical website or program...please be informed that ANY possible family connections are NOT valid until they can be verified with documentation.
Scope of Project is To build a single, validated and documented shared family tree the goals being:
- 1) to create on Geni an accurate representation of the genealogical information
- 2) to clean up duplicates and ensure quality of the involved profiles
- 3) to sort out the lines and connect the different lines
- 4) RULE - All profiles marked PUBLIC - with me as the controling manager ARE NOT TO BE CHANGED TO PRIVATE under any circumstances. UNLESS YOU ARE THE Living profile person and ASK for control of your profile - I have choosen to leave any profile I feel to be LIVIING blank of all data - birth, marriage etc. = only those of DECEASED status will contain data IF known
McKee is a Northern Irish and Scottish name. Mc stands for 'son of.' Kee is an anglicized form of a Gaelic personal name meaning 'fire.' Originally, it was the name of a pagan god.
I have a hugh manuscript that I have been working on for years on this line from Virginia down to today - it includes Civil war Pension file papers for the sons of James M. and Joseph Howe Mckee's sons of Owen county Indiana who served in the civil war. it also contains my great grandfather (Robert Thomas McKee) Civil War Diary. it contains biographies found in county histories and much more.
The manuscript contains information from the '*' books it contains wills, deeds obtiuaries, county history biographies as i find them.
There is even and "Unconnected Section of 12 or more lines.
The Blood ancestors GEDCOM which gives me the spouses and descendants generated from the profile of McKee's of Virginia and Kenucky - is
GEDCOM Import Log - 08 Oct 2012 Says there are
- Created by: Legacy Legacy (R) 7.5
- Submitted by: Judi
- Individuals: 99999
- Marriages: 46224
- Sources: 4331
- Repositories: 0
- Errors: 185379
Do not like the way the merge feature on Legacy so moved it into PAF5
- think there is more than I want goes clear back into what I call the "Queens & Kings"
I spent all evening cleaning up a mixed file pulsed data in for the Culver McKee's to add to the culver line of Mckee's
I am going to work through all the seperate manuscripts I have and see if can make some sense out of all this
I have deleted out the "Queens and Kings" and leaving the the McKee's M'Kie's down from McKee's of Virginia and Kenucky
GEDCOM Import Log - 08 Oct 2012 Says there are
- Created by: AF Personal Ancestral File 22.214.171.124
- Submitted by: Judi
- Individuals: 12600
- Marriages: 4185
- Sources: 0
- Repositories: 0
- Errors: 0
Some may disaggre with having the the 2-3 connecting profiles starting with McKee's of Virginia and Kenucky bu this allows hopfull a menas to connect all the "Unknown orgin" McKee's immgrating to American who were born in Sctoalnd and Ireland hopefully giving us a means to fully connect the properly to the "Old country" McKee lines.
Anyone wanting a copy when I get it done comapring files I am willing to share and then see if it will sync it back up to GENI with Ancestorsync.
Books I Have in PDF on my computer
1 WILLIAM McKEE DUNN BRIGADIER-GENERAL, U. S. A. a MemoIr WILLIAM WESLEY WOOLLEN
2 The McKee's of VIRGINIA AND KENTUCKY BY GEORGE WILSON McKEE, MAJOR OF ORDNANCE, U. S. Army (fully in Geni)
3 HISTORY THE HOUSE AND CLAN MACKAY, FOR CONNECTION AND ELUCIDATION, BESIDES ACCOUNTS OF MANY OTHER SCOTTISH FAMILIES, A VARIETY OF MORE PARTICULARLY 01: TIIOSE RELATING TO THE NORTHERN DIVISION OF SCOTLAND DURING THE MOST CRITICAL AND INTERESTING PERIODS; WITH A GENEALOGICAL TABLE OF THE CLAN. BY ROBERT MACKAT, WRITER, THURSO.EDINBURGH
4 The Mackeys and Allied Families (Variously spelled) by Beatrice MacKey Doughtie (Bowen press, Decatur, Ga., 1957 1002 pgs.)
5 The Mackeys and Allied Families (Variously spelled) by Beatrice MacKey Doughtie Errta Sheet #2, Including supplelmnetal data, 1973
6 JOHN MASON DYER FAMILY of Union County, Kentucky Ancestors and Decendants Researched and Compiled by JANE DYER ARNOLD (Mrs. J. P.) 338 West Cedar Street Franklin, Kentucky 42134 - 1972 (fully in Geni)
7 A HISTORY OF THE DESCENDANTS OP DAVID McKEE, OF ANAHILT, With a General Sketch of the Early McKees by Prof. JAMES Y. McKEE. PHILADELPHIA : JOSEPH D. McKEE. 1892. (fully in Geni)
Books on the Virginia & Kentucky line
1) The McKee’s of Virginia and Kentucky by George Wilson McKee (Pittsburgh, J. B. Richards, 1891, 196 pgs.) George W. McKee can be found online
It is sad to say that the only Mckee's delt with in detail are those of noteablity and those who served in the military - there are some elaborate biographical sketches in the book - I have tried to place all information into the manuscript
2) McKee Record, Compilied by Adelaid Jenness (J.H. Jordan, printer, Dana, Il., 1910; 114 pgs.) Mary Adelaide McKee
this deals with mainly the desencands of Samuel Mckee - tho not fully documented and alot of it was 'just Names' it gave a good outline of descendants of which by to do research - but also one must remember back in 1910 data was not as freely accessable as it is today.
List of Books Containing McKee History
NOTE: the books by Raymond McKee & Beatrice MacKey Doughtie contain the Kentucky & Virginia lines also and also many unconnected lines of McKees
- 1) A History of the [@http://www.archive.org/details/historyofdescend00mcke Descendants of David McKee ], by James Y. McKee (Pennsylvania, 1872) can be found on line
- 2) American Genealogy of the Allied Families of McKee, McClintock, Mills, Stip, and Stewart. Compiled by James Robert McKee (Los Angles, Ca. 1900)10)
- 3) McKee and Allied Families (American Historical Co., New York, 1949, 141 pg.)
- 4) The Book of McKee by Raymond W. McKee (Hodges, Figgis & Co. Ltd.; Dublin, Ireland, 1959 559 pgs.)
- 5) The Mackeys and Allied Families (Variously spelled) by Beatrice MacKey Doughtie (Bowen press, Decatur, Ga., 1957 1002 pgs.)
- 6) Wallace-Bruce and Closely Related Families by James Wallace Mohn (Northfield, Mn.; 1930 389 pgs.)
- 7) Faces Westward Vol. 1 by Jennie Starks McKee (Edwards Bros.; Ann Arbor, Mi.; 15 19 pgs.
- 8) Our Pioneer Ancestors by Emma Riggs and Henry Earl Riggs (Ann Arbor, Mi.; Edwards Bros., 1941)
- 9) Sketch of the McKee Families of Butler co., Pa. By James O. McKee (Butler co., Pa., 1924)
- 10) Western Pennsylvania Historical Magazine, Vol. 12 No. 1 1930 The Early History of McKeesport by Walter L. Riggs
- 11) The Descendants of Samuel Edward and Martha Emmart (1968) Emil M. Sunley
- 12) The Garvin genealogy: Descendants of Henry and Sarah McKee Garvin of Ireland and Pennsylvania [Unknown Binding] Richard M Cochran (Author) Publisher: R.M. Cochran (1983)
- 13) James Madison McKee family [Unknown Binding] Wilbyrn Andrew McKee (Author) Unknown Binding: 11 pages Publisher: W.A. McKee (1975)
- 14) Our Irish Origins: Mckee Family History [Paperback] A. Tate (Author) Publisher: Craig Printing
- 15) The McKees of Virginia and Kentucky [Paperback] A. Patricia McKees Bauer (Author), George Wilson McKee George Wilson McKee Paperback: 176 pages
Publisher: Heritage Books (February 1994)
- 16) Wallace-Bruce and closely related families : Barefoots, Taylors, Wilsons, McKees, Douglasses, Liddells, Hendersons, Notestines, and others : history and genealogy [Paperback] James Wallace (Author 389p. 1930.
- 17) Genealogy of Chadwick, King, and allied families: McKee, Callahan, Hughs/Hughes, Mock, Roberts, Langston [Unknown Binding]
- Darline Chadwick Smith (Author) Publisher: D.C. Smith; 1st edition (1982)
- 18) Mary Ann's relatives: McKee, Tucker, White, Armstrong, McKeever, Godlove, Brenner, Steward, Ray, Kern, a preliminary study of the above and related ... from censuses, newspapers, and family records [Unknown Binding] Kay F Sellers (Author) Publisher: K.F. Sellers; 1st edition (1998)
- 19) The genealogy, the family history and a number of personal histories of Patrick Graham, 1747-1844, Elizabeth McKee Graham and their descendants [Unknown Binding] Claire A Anderson (Author) Publisher: the Author (1968)
With a General Sketch of the Early McKee’s Prof. JAMES Y. McKee. PHILADELPHIA: JOSEPH D. McKee. 1892. this book states that:
The first real knowledge we have of the McKees dates from over two hundred years ago, when four brothers bearing that name left Scotland for bonnie England.
There they soon joined the army of William, Prince of Orange, and shortly - afterwards, in 1690, we find them, with the rest of the army, in the northern part of Ireland.
We have been unable to learn the Christian names of these four brothers.
All we know of one is that he returned with William's army to England. where we lose all trace of him.
Three were induced to remain in Ireland by grants of land for services rendered....
for now to help in possibly keeping these branches straight I have used the 'primary location given for the four brothers when they returned to Ireland as follows:-
- 1# - Mckee of county Antrim Ireland
- 2# - Mckee of Ards Northeastern county Down Ireland
- 3# - Mckee Returned to to England
- 4# - Mckee of Lisban, near Saintfield, County Down Ireland
this books seems to think that a McKee brother with his sons came to America and are the progenitors of the Virgiania and Kentucky McKee's
One married and settled in County Antrim; but even tradition has no further information for us concerning either himself or his descendants although from actual knowledge in our possession concerning the other two brothers and their descendants, it seems almost a certainty that he and his family emigrated during the exodus from Ulster to America, about 1735, and were the progenitors of the McKees in Kentucky and Virginia, whose history has been written by George Wilson McKee, Major of Ordnance, U. S. A. ....
Of the aforesaid book George Wilson McKee, McKees of Virginia and Kentucky, the, Pittsburgh, J. B. Richards, 1891. the ancestry is found stated :
"In about 1738, ten or eleven brothers McKee emigrated to America, his summary of Mckee orgins was:
1)They were of Irish, Celtic origin and the main body of them went into Scotland in the 12th Century to assist William the Lion in driving the Danish pirates from Caithness and the north generally
2) Few if them probably joined William of Normandy in the 11th century when the latter, preparatory to his descent upon the Sussex coast of England invited to his standard professional soldiers, free-lances, adventures and cut throats from all parts of Europe
3) Tradition says of them that from the earliest down of the reformation they have been Protestants. Early in the 16th century, owing to the Civil feuds of Scotland, their native land for centuries, they emigrated back to Ireland - - thence after a brief sojourn to France. There they remained until the massacre of the Huguenots, on St. Bartholomew’s Day, August 24, 152. Being firm adherents of the Protestant faith, they experienced the utmost fury of the enemies of their religion on that day. But few were left to tell the tale of horror. Those few fled to the North of Ireland. And there again, in 1641, under the reign of Charles the first, the most famous of the Stuarts, and in 1688, under James the second most pusillanimous, they again experienced the fury of persecution on account of their religion. It is said that some of those, who escaped the massacre on St. Bartholomew’s, day fled into Holland and marched into Ireland later, with the forces of William, Prince of Orange. In about 1738, ten or eleven brothers McKee emigrated to America.
4) In 1738 when a large migration of Scotch-Irish Presbyterians to Pennsylvania and the valley of Virginia took place, some brothers McKee, variously estimated from five, ten or eleven sons of one who had borne a part in the defense of Derry, arrived in America and first settled near Lancaster, Pa. There they separated – some settling near wheeling, W. Va. And Pittsburgh, Pa. And some going to the far west. Two of the brothers John and Robert, went almost directly to Va., (about (1757) and settled on a portion of Borden’s grant, on Kerr’s Creek in what is now Rockbridge county, about 8 miles north-west of Lexington. In 1760 William, another of the brothers, also removed to Augusta County, Va
Other McKee Brothers
Zillah Mellott Garland told of hearing of 3 brothers that came from Ireland. James McKee settled at McKee's Gap [ Buck Valley Fulton County Pa around 1793 ], another in Maryland and a third, David, near Pittsburgh, Pa.and is likely the founder of McKeesport according to the Western Pa. Historical Magazine Vol. 13 Jan. 1930 #1 PP3-19
Descendants of Patrick Sr McKie and Janet MacDonall
Some are connecting the Virginias McKee's to this ancestry but with the documenation missing and what has been presented in the Mckee genealogies I have never been fully comfortably with connecting the Virginia and Pennsylvania McKee's to this lineage as yet I feel there is alot of work to be done on it and missing information:
1 Patrick Sr McKie , b. abt. 1500/bef 1515 in Cumloden Scotland deceased in Minnigaff Kirkcudbright Scotland. He married abt. 1520 in Scotland, Janet MacDonall , b. bef. 1515/1520 in Garthland Scotland; deceased in Scotland, daughter of Uchtred MacDowall [born Abt. 1500 in Garthland]
I have a PDF file to show discrepencies etc. and where they have been connecting the Mckee's of pa., va to this - - as far as I can ascertain there is no documentation for what has been presented and is presented on Ancestry.com and the many family trees that are floating around out there.
NOTHING of these lines in Ireland and Scotland is concrete and yet fully veriified - it needs alot fo work to determine the correct descendants - needless to say that the McKee brothers of Rockbridge county Virginia are listed several times over as is David McKee of McKeesport, Pennsylvania and in different generations. - it is impossible to cut these out in MY OPINION because you do not know if there were actual children by that name for those parents or not or whether over the years they were just MANUFACTURED by people researching in order to connect the Mckee's of Virginia & Kentucky and McKeesport in order to connect to the Scotland & Ireland Mckee ancestry known - needless ot say it is a mess.
Gedcoms that were passed to me and print outs of these the early Scotland Ireland lines were names only and went around in vicous circles as they had matched together as being one in the following combinfations:
- son/father= grandfather/grandson
- grandfather/grandson = nephew/uncle
- nephew/uncle = son/father
with no dates I done my best to get the lineage back into working order MAYBE
PLEASE feel welcome in the about me section if you can to express concerns, doubts etc. if you are unable to edit profile send me the profile link the infromation as you would like to see in the about me - any documentation and I will gladly place it into the profile(s) Most needed is dates and locations for an approximate time period and location probably locations and births can be filled in as <Dumbarton, Scotland> of person being of a cetrain location can be put in the "Display as" blank Anything is more than welcome to help sort these lines out -
Nothing will be delted as entered it will be either merged or re-aligned according to documentation found and presented
Samuel & Martha McKee Kentucky, Indiana @http://www.geni.com/people/Samuel-Bell-McKee-of-Augusta-County-Virginia/6000000013267924467?through=6000000013268130329
Robert S McKee Birth: January 8, 1828 Russell, VA Death: 1903 married Celine Elizabeth Lodge
MCKEE's of VIRGINIA & KENTUCKY
1. [-?-] Mc Kee-782 was born 1681 in <, , Ireland>. He had the following children:
- + 2 M i. John Mc Kee-783 was born 1707 and died 2 Mar 1792.
- +3 M ii. Robert Mc Kee-784 was born 1692 and died 11 Jun 1776.
- +4 M iii. William Mc Kee-780 was born 1700 and died 1775.
2. John Mc Kee-783 ([-?-]) was born 1707 in <, , Ireland>. He died 2 Mar 1792. John married (1-MRIN:459) Jane Logan-785, daughter of David Logan-792 (MRIN:462), on 29 Jan 1744. Jane was born 1707 in <, , Pennsylvania>. She died 17 Jul 1763 in Kerr Creek, Rockbridge, Virginia. They had the following children:
- 5 F i. Mary Mc Kee-786 was born 11 Jun 1746 in <, , Pennsylvania>. She died 3 Aug 1822.Mary married (MRIN:463) Hugh Weir-793. Hugh was born 1746 in <, , Virginia>.
- 6 F ii. Miriam Mc Kee-787 was born 27 Sep 1747 in <, , Pennsylvania>. She died 3 Oct 1796 in , Lincoln, Kentucky. Miriam married (MRIN:464) William Mc Kee-802, son of Robert Mc Kee-784 and Agnes-801 (MRIN:461), on 20 May 1766. William was born 7 May 1732 in , , Ireland. He died 12 Oct 1812 in Lancaster, Garrard, Kentucky.
- 7M iii. William Mc Kee-911 was born 18 Feb 1750 in <Pennsylvania>. He died 28 Feb 1752.
- 8 M iv. James Logan Mc Kee-788 was born 14 Mar 1752 in , , Pennsylvania. He died 14 Aug 1832 in , , Rockbridge, Virginia. James married (1-MRIN:465) Jane Tedford-794, daughter of Alexander Telford-2093 and Mary-2094 (MRIN:471), on 2 May 1782 in , Rockbridge, Virginia. Jane was born 19 Oct 1754 in <, Rockbridge, Virginia>. She died 30 Apr 1800. James also married (2-MRIN:466) Nancy-1545 on 26 Aug 1807 in , Rockford, Virginia. Nancy was born 1786 in <Rockford, Virginia>.
- 9 M v. Robert Mc Kee-789 was born 4 Mar 1754 in <, , Pennsylvania>. He died 1812. Robert married (1-MRIN:467) Margaret Hamilton-795, daughter of Robert Hamilton-2095 and Margaret Mc Kee-2096 (MRIN:472), on 29 Aug 1786 in , Rockbridge, Virginia. Margaret was born 1765 in <, Rockbridge, Virginia>. She died about 1793 in , , Kentucky. Robert also married (2-MRIN:468) Jane Jacque or Jack-1460 on 3 Oct 1812 in , Woodford, Kentucky. Jane was born 21 Ocy 1787 in , Rockbridge, Virginia.
- 10 M vi. John Mc Kee-912 was born 17 Feb 1756 in <, , Pennsylvania>. He died 24 May 1761.
- 11 M vii. David Mc Kee-790 was born 25 Dec 1760 in <, , Pennsylvania>. He died about 1825 and was buried in Near, Nicholasville, Jessamine, Kentucky. David married (MRIN:469) Ann Dunlap-796, daughter of Robert Dunlap-2099 and Mary Gay-2100 (MRIN:473), on 16 Sep 1780 in , Rockbridge, Virginia. Ann was born Dec 1765 in <, Rockbridge, Virginia>.
- 12 M viii. William Mc Kee-791 was born 28 Feb 1759 in <, , Pennsylvania>. He died 1835. William married (MRIN:470) Jane Kennedy-797, daughter of Andrew Kennedy-2097 and Margaret Gay-2098 (MRIN:474), on 12 Jan 1790 in , Rockbridge, Virginia. Jane was born 1769 in <, Rockbridge, Virginia>.
John also married (2-MRIN:460) Rosannah Cunningham-798. Rosannah was born 1765 in <, , Pennsylvania>. They had the following children:
- 13 M ix John Mc Kee-799 was born 27 Oct 1772 in <, Rockbridge, Virginia>. He died 1 Dec 1815. John married (MRIN:475) Susanna Simmons-800 on 11 Jan 1798 in , Rockbridge, Virginia. Susanna was born 1777 in <, Rockbridge, Virginia>. She died 20 Mar 1815.
3. Robert Mc Kee-784 ([-?-]) was born 1692 in <, , Ireland>. He died 11 Jun 1776 in , Rockbridge, Virginia. Robert married (MRIN:461) Agnes-801 in , , Ireland. Agnes was born 1700 in <, , Ireland>. She died 29 Jan 1780. They had the following children:
- 14 M i. William Mc Kee-802 was born 7 May 1732 in , , Ireland. He died 12 Oct 1812 in Lancaster, Garrard, Kentucky. William married (1-MRIN:464) Miriam Mc Kee-787, daughter of John Mc Kee-783 and Jane Logan-785 (MRIN:459), on 20 May 1766. Miriam was born 27 Sep 1747 in <, , Pennsylvania>. She died 3 Oct 1796 in , Lincoln, Kentucky. William also married (2-MRIN:476) Mrs. Davis-2092.
- 15 M ii. John Mc Kee-803 was born 1734 in <, , Ireland>. He died before 8 Mar 1790.John married (MRIN:477) Esther "Nannie" Houston-804, daughter of Robert Houston-901 and Mary Davidson-902 (MRIN:478). Esther was born 1749 in <Point Pleasant, , Virginia>.
4. William Mc Kee-780 ([-?-]) was born 1700 in , , Ireland. He died 1775 in , , Virginia. William married (MRIN:298) Mary-781 about 1725. Mary was born 1704 in <Northern Ireland>. They had the following children:
- + 16 M i. James Mc Kee-470 was born about 1726 and died 1778.
16. James Mc Kee-470 (William, [-?-]) was born about 1726 in , , Northern Ireland. He died 1778 in , Rockbridge, Virginia. James married (MRIN:276) Lydia Todd-471, daughter of William Todd-809 and Jean Lowe-816 (MRIN:299), about 1748. Lydia was born about 1725 and was christened 1736 in , Westmoreland, Pennsylvania. She died 1812 in , Mercer, Kentucky. They had the following children:
- 17 F i. Martha Mc Kee-474 was born 1756 in , Rockbridge, Virginia>.
- + 18 F ii. Alice Mc Kee-473 was born 1754 and died 11 Aug 1835.
- + 19 M iii. Samuel Mc Kee-476 was born 3 Jul 1764 and died 3 Aug 1842.
- 20 M iv. John Mc Kee-477 was born 1766 in <, Augusta, Virginia>. John married (MRIN:305) Mary Ann Kinkaid-482 on 31 Dec 1795 in , Mercer, Kentucky. Mary was born 1774 in <Mercer, Kentucky>.
- + 21 M v. Robert Mc Kee-431 was born 4 Sep 1766 and died 16 Dec 1837.
- 22 M vi William Mc Kee-472 was born 1768 in <, Rockbridge, Virginia>. William married (MRIN:300) Nancy Gordon-478 on 26 May 1795 in , Mercer, Kentucky. Nancy was born 1774 in <, Mercer, Kentucky>.
- + 23 F vii. Mary "Polly" Mc Kee-475 was born about 1774.
=Fourth Generation= 18. Alice Mc Kee-473 (James, William, [-?-]) was born 1754 in , Rockbridge, Virginia. She died 11 Aug 1835 in Frankfort, Franklin, Kentucky. Alice married (1-MRIN:301) William Mc Quiddy-479, son of David Mc Quiddy-963 and Mary Todd-964 (MRIN:306), on 1784. William was born 1752 in , Culpeper, Virginia. He died 1832 in Frankfort, Franklin, Kentucky. They had the following children:
- 24 M i. William Todd Mc Quiddy-951 was born 9 Dec 1784 in , Franklin, Kentucky. He died 22 Feb 1850 in Madison, Jefferson, Indiana. William married (MRIN:552) Mary "Polly" Reading-962 on 6 Oct 1823 in , Franklin, Kentucky. Mary was born 6 Feb 1804 in , Franklin, Kentucky. She died 10 May 1888 in New Albany, , Indiana.
- 25 F ii. Polly Mc Quiddy-952 was born about 1785 in <, Franklin, Kentucky>. She died 1813 in , Bath, Kentucky. Polly married (MRIN:553) James Mc Kee-961 on 1813 in Bath, Kentucky. James was born 1781 in <Bath, Kentucky>.
- 26 M iii. John Mc Quiddy-953 was born 1786 in <, Franklin, Kentucky>.
- 27 F iv. Sarah "Sally" Mc Quiddy-954 was born 4 Apr 1789 in <, Franklin, Kentucky>. She died 27 Dec 1811 in , Breckinridge, Kentucky. Sarah married (MRIN:554) Joseph Sr. Taylor-959 on 15 Nov 1810 in , Franklin, Kentucky. Joseph was born 17 Aug 1786 in , , North Carolina. He died 23 Sep 1845 in Lexington, Fayette, Kentucky and was buried in Lexington, Fayette, Kentucky, Taylor Cemetery.
- 28 F v Elizabeth Mc Quiddy-955 was born about 1791 in <, Franklin, Kentucky>.Elizabeth married (MRIN:555) Christopher Schneider-960 on 7 Dec 1809 in , Franklin, Kentucky. Christopher was born 1787 in <Franklin, Kentucky>.
- 29 F vi. Nancy Mc Quiddy-956 was born 14 Sep 1795 in <, Franklin, Kentucky>. She died 6 Dec 1856 in , Franklin, Kentucky. Nancy married (MRIN:556) Joseph Sr. Taylor-959 on 10 Sep 1814 in Franklin, Kentucky. Joseph was born 17 Aug 1786 in , , North Carolina. He died 23 Sep 1845 in Lexington, Fayette, Kentucky and was buried in Lexington, Fayette, Kentucky, Taylor Cemetery.
- 30 F vii. Harriet Mc Quiddy-957 was born 17 Nov 1797 in Frankfort, Franklin, Kentucky. She died 25 Dec 1889 in Glen Ellen, Sonoma, California. Harriet married (MRIN:557) John Leonard-958 on 9 Mar 1817 in , Franklin, Kentucky. John was born 15 Jul 1790 in Somerset, New Jersey. He died 3 Apr 1837 in Frankfort, Franklin, Kentucky.
Alice also married (2-MRIN:302) Samuel Steele-965. Samuel was born 1750 in <, Rockbridge, Virginia>
19. Samuel Mc Kee-476 (James, William, [-?-]) was born 3 Jul 1764 in , Augusta, Virginia. He died 3 Aug 1842 in , Montgomery, Kentucky. Samuel married (MRIN:304) Elizabeth Lowery-481 on 22 Nov 1791 in , Mercer, Kentucky. Elizabeth was born 1770 in <, Mercer, Kentucky>. They had the following children:
- 31 F i. Nancy Mc Kee-549 was born 23 Dec 1792 in <, Mercer, Kentucky>. She died 23 Aug 1864. Nancy married (MRIN:345) Samuel Chorn-910 on 1 Aug 1820. Samuel was born 6 Apr 1787 in <Kentucky>. He died 9 Jul 1880.
- 32 M ii. John Mc Kee-548 was born 29 Sep 1794 in <, Mercer, Kentucky>. He died 29 Aug 1877. John married (MRIN:344) Rachel Ellsberry-909 on 11 Jun 1818. Rachel was born 10 Feb 1800 in <, , Kentucky>. She died 11 Jul 1884.
- 33 M iii. James Mc Kee-892 was born 4 Sep 1796 in <, Mercer, Kentucky>. He died 23 Dec 1869. James married (MRIN:529) Sally Wilkerson-908 on 18 Oct 1832 in , Montgomery, Kentucky. Sally was born 23 Sep 1804 in <, Montgomery, Kentucky>. She died 21 Jul 1884.
- 34 M iv. David Mc Kee-893 was born 15 Dec 1798 in <, Mercer, Kentucky>. He died 4 Jul 1871. David married (MRIN:530) Elizabeth Thompson-1416 on 8 May 1826 in , Montgomery, Kentucky. Elizabeth was born 3 Jun 1807<1805> in <Montgomery, Kentucky>. She died 1850.
- 35 M v Samuel Mc Kee-894 was born 22 Nov 1800 in <, Mercer, Kentucky>. He died 6 Feb 1801.
- 36 F vi. Mary "Polly" Mc Kee-895 was born 14 Jan 1802 in <, Mercer, Kentucky>. She died 1876. Mary married (MRIN:531) Redman-906. Redman was born 1802 in <Kentucky>.
- 37 M vii. William Mc Kee-896 was born 21 Feb 1804 in <, Mercer, Kentucky>. He died 2 Oct 1875. William married (MRIN:532) Lucinda Yeates-907 on 8 May 1826 in , Montgomery, Kentucky. Lucinda was born 4 Mar 1811 in <Montgomery, Kentucky>. She died 29 Jul 1899.
- 38 M viii. Melvin Mc Kee-913 was born 26 Jun 1806 in <, Mercer, Kentucky>. He died 7 Nov 1874. Melvin married (MRIN:536) Mary B. Mc Adow-914 on 14 Jan 1847. Mary was born 17 Jun 1829 in <Kentucky>. She died Nov 1859.
- 39 F ix Jane Mc Kee-897 was born 9 Feb 1807 in <, Mercer, Kentucky>. She died 15 Feb 1819.
- 40 F x. Eliza Mc Kee-898 was born 17 Jan 1812 in <, Mercer, Kentucky>. She died 3 Aug 1813.
- 41 F xi. Sally Mc Kee-899 was born 10 Apr 1815 in <, Mercer, Kentucky>. She died 20 Sep 1896. Sally married (1-MRIN:533) John Ragland-905. John was born 1816 in <Kentucky>. He died 1 Jun 1882. Sally also married (2-MRIN:534) G. William-2101.
- 42 F xii Elvira Mc Kee-900 was born 1 Sep 1818 in <, Mercer, Kentucky>. She died 4 Jan 1884. Elvira married (MRIN:535) Covington Dix-904 on 24 Sep 1844. Covington was born 14 Jul 1821 in <Kentucky>. He died 18 Aug 1894.
21. Robert Mc Kee-431 (James, William, [-?-]) was born 4 Sep 1766 in , Rockbridge, Virginia. He died 16 Dec 1837 in , Scott, Kentucky. Robert married (MRIN:227) Mary Todd-432, daughter of John Todd-483 (MRIN:277), on 2 Dec 1791 in , Mercer, Kentucky. Mary was born 26 Feb 1771 in <, Scott, Kentucky>. She died 4 Jul 1832 * in , Scott, Kentucky. They had the following children:
- 43 M i John Todd Mc Kee-433 was born 22 Dec 1796 in Kentucky. He died in Evansville, Vanderburgh, Indiana.
- + 44 M ii. James M. Mc Kee-434 was born 26 Jun 1792 and died 5 Sep 1862.
- + 45 M iii William Mc Kee-435 was born 9 Jun 1803 and died 1867.
- + 46 M iv. Joseph Howe Mc Kee-341 was born 17 Sep 1805 and died 18 Mar 1875.
- + 47 M v.David Todd Mc Kee-436 was born 12 Oct 1807 and died 26 Jun 1874
23. Mary "Polly" Mc Kee-475 (James, William, [-?-]) was born about 1774 in , Mercer, Kentucky.Mary married (MRIN:303) James Mc Murtey-480 on 18 Feb 1795. James was born 17 Nov 1771 in <Mercer, Kentucky>. He died 15 Jun 1851 in Henderson, Knox, Illinois.They had the following children:
- 48 F i. Lydia Todd Mc Murtey-2816 was born 7 Dec 1795.Lydia married (MRIN:1322) George Jones-2819 on 13 Feb 1817.
- 49 F ii. Mary Mc Murtey-2817 was born 1799.
- 50 M iii. John Mc Murtey-2818 was born 6 Jun 1797 in , Mercer, Kentucky. He died 17 Mar 1874 in Red Oak, Henry, Illinois.
44. James M. Mc Kee-434 (Robert, James, William, [-?-]) was born 26 Jun 1792 in , , Kentucky. He died 5 Sep 1862 in , Owen, Indiana and was buried Sep 1862 in McKee Cemetery, Franklin Twp., Owen, Indiana. James married (MRIN:278) Mary-437. Mary was born 14 Oct 1792 in , , Kentucky. She died 3 Sep 1866 in , Owen, Indiana and was buried Sep 1866 in McKee Cemetery, Franklin Twp., Owen, Indiana. They had the following children:
- 51 M i John P. Mc Kee-438 was born 21 Jun 1831 in , , Indiana. He died 29 Apr 1899 in , Greene, Indiana and was buried Apr 1899 in Dog Island/Mt. Zion Cemetery, Washington twp., Greene, Indiana,. John married (MRIN:282) Mary Ann Mc Indoo-445, daughter of John Mc Indoo-949 and Sarah Bevis-950 (MRIN:35), on 6 Mar 1854 in , Owen, Indiana. Mary was born 29 Jul 1837 in , Owen, Indiana. She died 25 Jul 1923 in Lyons, Greene, Indiana and was buried Jul 1923 in Dog Island/Mt. Zion Cemetery, Washington twp., Greene, Indiana.
- 52 M ii. William M. Mc Kee-439 was born 18 Mar 1816 in <, , Indiana>. He died 2 Sep 1840 in , Owen, Indiana and was buried Sep 1840 in McKee Cemetery, Franklin Twp., Owen, Indiana.
- 53 iii. Elveria Coats Mc Kee-440 was born 1826 in , , Owen, Indiana. She died 1872.
- Elveria married (MRIN:283) Wesley F. Landrum-446 on 20 Nov 1851 in , Owen, Indiana. Wesley was born 1822 in , Owen, Indiana.
- 54 M iv Alexander B. Mc Kee-441 was born 28 Feb 1814/1815 in , , Kentucky. Alexander married (MRIN:284) Nancy Harris-447 on 1836. Nancy was born 11 Nov 1818 in <Kentucky>. She died 23 Aug 1870 in , Piatt, Illinois and was buried in Lake Fort Cemetery, near Atwood, , Illinois.
- 55 M v Robert Todd Mc Kee-442 was born 1816 in <Kentucky>.
- 56 F vi Martha Ann Mc Kee-443 was born 1818 in <Kentucky>. Martha married (MRIN:285) Hiram Lundy-448. Hiram was born 1818 in <Kentucky>.
- 57 M vii. James Franklin Mc Kee-444 was born 1827 in , , Indiana. He died 14 Oct 1862 in , , Missouri and was buried 1862 in Pleasant Bethel/Greenbrier Cemetery, Jefferson Twp., Owen, Indiana. James married (MRIN:286) Amanda Dickerson-449 on 17 Apr 1848. Amanda was born 1827 in <, , Indiana>.
45 William Mc Kee-435 (Robert, James, William, [-?-]) was born 9 Jun 1803 in , , Kentucky. He died 1867 in , Hendricks, Indiana and was buried in Walker Cemetery, , Hendricks, Indiana. William married (MRIN:279) Jane Mc Donald-915, daughter of Hugh Mc Donald-921 and Rebecca Rogers-922 (MRIN:537). Jane was born about 1805 in Virginia. She died 1879/1891 in , Hendricks, Indiana. They had the following children:
- 58 F i. Jemima Melvia Mc Kee-916 was born 1830 in <Kentucky>. Jemima married (MRIN:538) Charles D. Linsey-923.
- 59 F i Sarah Jane Mc Kee-917 was born about 1832 in <Kentucky>. Sarah married (MRIN:539) Silas Noel Wheatly-924 on 29 Oct 1851 in , Marion, Indiana. Silas was born 1828 in <, Marion, Indiana>.
- 60 F iii. Emerine Turpin Mc Kee-918 was born 8 Jul 1834 in , , Kentucky. She died 15 Nov 1913 in , Hendricks, Indiana.Emerine married (MRIN:540) James Patrick Catterson-925, son of James Catterson-2102 and Sarah Wyant-2103 (MRIN:543), on 11 Nov 1852 in , Marion, Indiana. James was born 20 Mar 1827 in , Owen, Kentucky. He died 25 Sep 1909 in Brown Twp., Hendricks, Indiana and was buried in Greenelawn Cemetery, Near Brownsburg, Hendricks, Indiana.
- 61 M iv John William Mc Kee-919 was born 28 Dec 1840 in , Trimble, Kentucky. He died 25 Oct 1904 in , Parke, Indiana and was buried in Greenelawn Cemetery, Near Brownsburg, Hendricks, indiana. John married (MRIN:541) Melinda Jane Ford-926, daughter of Charles Ford-2104 (MRIN:544), on 14 Jun 1862 in , Marion, Indiana. Melinda was born 14 Nov 1844 in , Decatur, Indiana. She died 16 Feb 1892 in Brown Twp., Hendricks, Indiana.
- 62 F v Rebecca Ann Mc Kee-920 was born 1 Aug 1843 in , Trimble, Kentucky. She died 19 Apr 1912 in , Marion, Indiana. Rebecca married (MRIN:542) Giles Emanuel Hull-927, son of James Hull-2105 and Sarah Biser-2106 (MRIN:545), on 16 Aug 1874 in , Hendricks, Indiana. Giles was born 13 Oct 1854 in <, Trimble, Kentucky>. He died 18 Nov 1909 in , Hendricks or Marion, Indiana.
46.Joseph Howe Mc Kee-341 (Robert, James, William, [-?-]) was born 17 Sep 1805 in , , Kentucky. He died 18 Mar 1875 in , Owen, Indiana and was buried Mar 1875 in McKee Cemetery, Farmers Station, Franklin Twp., Owen, Indiana. Joseph married (MRIN:20) Lucinda Bartlett-342, daughter of Thomas Bartlett-430 (MRIN:228), on 16 Feb 1832 in Frankfort, Franklin, Kentucky. Lucinda was born 1811 in Lexington, Fayette, Kentucky. She died 26 Mar 1876 in , Owen, Indiana and was buried Mar 1876 in McKee Cemetery, Farmers Station, Franklin Twp., Owen,Indiana. They had the following children:
- 63 F i Eliza Ann Mc Kee-343 was born 22 Dec 1832 in , Scott co., Kentucky. She died 7 Nov 1898 in Brownwood, , Missouri and was buried in , , Missouri. Eliza married (MRIN:229) Orren Irvess Tally-351, son of Orren Tally-2167 and Barbara M. Fuller-2168 (MRIN:241), on 28 Apr 1855 in , Owen, Indiana. Orren was born 11 May 1831 in , Pulaski, Kentucky. He died 30 Oct 1861 in Henderson, Henderson, Kentucky.
- 64 M ii Robert Thomas Mc Kee-20 was born 30 Aug 1834 in Georgetown, Scott, Kentucky. He died 5 Oct 1913 in Lyons, Greene, Indiana from Arteriosclerosis & Congestion of brain and was buried 6 Oct 1913 in Dog Island/Mt. Zion Cemetery, Washington twp., Greene, Indiana. Robert married (1-MRIN:18) Margaret Jane Mc Indoo-40, daughter of John Mc Indoo-949 and Sarah Bevis-950 (MRIN:35), on 10 Oct 1854 in , Owen, Indiana. Margaret was born 25 May 1833 in <, Owen, Indiana>. She died 28 Nov 1870 in , Owen, Indiana and was buried Nov 1870 in New Union Cemetery, Washington twp., Owen, Indiana. Robert also married (2-MRIN:19) Elizabeth Burdsall-49, daughter of James H. Burdsall-55 and Margaret Winn-56 (MRIN:38), on 21 May 1872 in , Greene, Indiana. Elizabeth was born 5 Apr 1836 in , Owen, Indiana. She died 13 Dec 1874 in , Greene, Indiana and was buried Dec 1874 in Marco Cemetery, Stafford Twp., Greene, Indiana. Robert also married (2-MRIN:19) Elizabeth Burdsall-49, daughter of James H. Burdsall-55 and Margaret Winn-56 (MRIN:38), on 21 May 1872 in , Greene, Indiana. Elizabeth was born 5 Apr 1836 in , Owen, Indiana. She died 13 Dec 1874 in , Greene, Indiana and was buried Dec 1874 in Marco Cemetery, Stafford Twp., Greene, Indiana. Robert also married (3-MRIN:12) Martha Ann Dye-21, daughter of George Dye-484 and Elizabeth Gastineau-485 (MRIN:22), on 29 Jul 1875 in , Greene, Indiana. Martha was born 28 Aug 1848 in Owensburg, Greene, Indiana. She died 4 Apr 1915 in Lyons, Greene, Indiana and was buried Apr 1915 in Dog Island/Mt. Zion Cemetery, Washington twp., Greene, Indiana.
- 65 M iii James William Mc Kee-344 was born 14 Feb 1837 in Kentucky. He died 18 Apr 1864 and was buried after 5 May 1864 in Andersonville Prison, , Macon, Georgia.
66 M iv John Todd Mc Kee-345 was born 12 Feb 1839 in Near, Frankfort, Franklin, Kentucky. He died 19 Apr 1921 in Edwardsport, Knox, Indiana and was buried Apr 1921 in Edwardsport Cemetery, Edwardsport, Knox, Indiana.John married (1-MRIN:230) Louisa Jane Putnam-363 on 18 Mar 1860 in , Owen, Indiana. Louisa was born about 1837 in <, Owen, Indiana>. She died 21 Jul 1881 in Freedom, Owen, Indiana. John also married (2-MRIN:231) Nancy Ann Gilmore-379, daughter of Robert Gilmore-1958 and Mary Timmons-1995 (MRIN:255), on 3 Sep 1882 in , Knox, Indiana. Nancy was born Sep 1844 in Bicknell, Knox, Indiana. She died 5 Oct 1904 in Edwardsport, Knox, Indiana.
- 67 M v. Albert Branham Mc Kee-346 was born 21 Jun 1841 in , Owen, Indiana. He died 18 Sep 1918 in Decatur, Macon, Illinois from Interstitial Nephritis & Myocarditis and was buried 21 Sep 1918 in Boiling Springs Cemetery, Decatur, Macon, Illinois. Albert married (MRIN:232) Edith J. Majors-388, daughter of Joseph Majors-389 and Sarah Jane Beal-387 (MRIN:257), on 21 Jun 1867 in Illini Twp., Macon, Illinois. Edith was born 21 Jan 1857 in Harrison, Ohio. She died 23 Jan 1926 in Decatur, Macon, Illinois and was buried Jan 1923 in Boiling Springs Cemetery, Decatur, Macon, Illinois.
- 68 M vi. Alexander Campbell "Eck" Mc Kee-347 was born 18 Feb 1844 in Freedom, Owen, Indiana. He died 14 Apr 1923 in Indianapolis, Marion, Indiana and was buried 16 Apr 1923 in Crown Hill Cemetery, Indianapolis, Marion, Indiana. Alexander married (MRIN:233) Mary E. "Mollie" Mc Laughlin-362, daughter of Clark Mc Laughlin-360 and Rebecca Wilson-361 (MRIN:246), on 29 Dec 1868 in , Monroe, Indiana. Mary was born 21 Feb 1853 in Gosport, Owen, Indiana. She died 1 Apr 1916 in Indianapolis, Marion, Indiana and was buried 3 Apr 1916 in Crown Hill Cemetery, Indianapolis, Marion, Indiana.
- 69 M vii Joseph Bartlett Mc Kee-348 was born 19 Sep 1846 in Freedom, Owen, Indiana. He died 19 Jun 1914 in Searcy, White, Arkansas and was buried Jun 1914 in Searcy, White, Arkansas. Joseph married (MRIN:234) Margaret E. "Maggie" Raper-384 on 11 May 1872 in , Marion, Indiana. Margaret was born Jun 1856 in , , Indiana.
- 70 M viii. David Henry "Doc" Mc Kee-349 was born 23 Apr 1849 in Johnstown, Greene, Indiana. He died 28 Sep 1930 in Lafayette, Tippecanoe, Indiana from chronic endocarditis & Arteriosclerosis and was buried 30 Sep 1930 in Indiana Soldiers Home Cemetery, Lafayette, Tippecanoe, Indiana. David married (1-MRIN:235) Elizabeth Clawson-402 on 28 Mar 1869 in , Owen, Indiana. Elizabeth was born about 1849 in , , Indiana. David also married (2-MRIN:236) Lucy Ellen Figgins-405 on 21 Mar 1881 in , Greene, Indiana. Lucy was born 1860 in Ohio. She died 18 Sep 1894 in Marco, Greene, indiana. David also married (3-MRIN:237) Nancy A. Currens-414 on 8 Aug 1895 in Sandborn, Knox, Indiana. Nancy was born 1874 in <Sandborn, Knox, Indiana>. David also married (4-MRIN:238) A. M. Hopkins-415 on 17 Dec 1902 in Pyle, Stoddard, Missouri. A. M. Hopkins was born 1881 in <Pyle, Stoddard, Missouri>.David also married (5-MRIN:239) Samantha A. Figgens-416 on 9 Mar 1917 in Marble Hill, Bollinger, Missouri. Samantha was born Aug 1853 in , , Ohio.
- 71 M ix. Jacob Leffler Mc Kee-350 was born 30 Jun 1852 in , Owen, Indiana. He died 27 Mar 1942 in Spencer, Owen, Indiana and was buried Mar 1942 in Riverside Cemetery, Spencer, Owen, Indiana. Jacob married (MRIN:240) Mary Esther "Maude" Allen-417, daughter of Miron D. Allen-935 and Abigail Bush-936 (MRIN:269), on 3 Feb 1876 in , Owen, Indiana. Mary was born 4 Oct 1856 in , Owen, Indiana. She died 14 Oct 1942 in Spencer, Owen, Indiana and was buried Oct 1942 in Riverside Cemetery, Spencer, Owen, Indiana.
47. David Todd Mc Kee-436 (Robert, James, William, [-?-]) was born 12 Oct 1807 in , , Kentucky. He died 26 Jun 1874 in , Clark, Indiana.David married (1-MRIN:280) Mary Ann Caldwell-450 on 9 Apr 1827 in , Henry, Kentucky. Mary was born 22 Dec 1805 in Kentucky. She died 11 May 1847 in Madison, Jefferson, Indiana. They had the following children:
- 72 F i Sarah Ann Mc Kee-451 was born 23 May 1829 in , Trumble, Kentucky. She died 14 Jun 1907 in , Howard, Indiana.Sarah married (MRIN:287) Stephen Russell EADS or EADOR-461 on 26 Sep 1847 in Madison, Jefferson, Indiana. Stephen was born 1825 in <Trumble, Kentucky>.
- 73 F ii. Nancy Jane Mc Kee-452 was born 1831 in , , Kentucky.Nancy married (MRIN:288) Strother Holmes-462 on 22 Feb 1843 in Madison, Jefferson, Indiana. Strother was born 1818 in <Kentucky>.
- 74 F iii. Mary Elizabeth Mc Kee-453 was born 30 Apr 1831 in , , Kentucky. Mary married (1-MRIN:289) David A. Mc Allister-463 on 8 Sep 1853 in Madison, Jefferson, Indiana. David was born 1827 in <Kentucky>. Mary also married (2-MRIN:290) Robert Nicholson-464. Robert was born 1827 in <Kentucky>.
- 75 F iv. Martha Ellen Mc Kee-454 was born 30 Sep 1834 in , , Kentucky. Martha married (MRIN:291) William Payne-465 on 4 Nov 1862 in Madison, Jefferson, Indiana. William was born 1839 in <Kentucky>. He died 1899.
- 76 M v William Samuel Mc Kee-455 was born 30 Sep 1834 in , , Kentucky.
- 77 M v James Mc Kee-456 was born 7 Aug 1836 in , , Kentucky. James married (1-MRIN:292) Sarah Miller-466 on 22 May 1862 in Madison, Jefferson, Indiana. Sarah was born 1841 in <Madison, Jefferson, indiana>. James also married (2-MRIN:293) Sally Newsom-2107.
- 78 F vi Matilda Kate Mc Kee-457 was born 9 Sep 1838 in , , Kentucky Matilda married (1-MRIN:294) Alex Weddell-467 on 26 Jun 1859. Alex was born 1834 in <, , Kentucky>.Matilda also married (2-MRIN:295) Abner Maddox-468. Abner was born 1834 in <Kentucky>.
- 79 F viii. Armilda Mc Kee-458 was born 9 Sep 1838 in , , Kentucky.
- 80 M ix John A. Mc Kee-459 was born 24 Jul 1840 in , , Kentucky. He died 17 Sep 1854 in , , Indiana.
- 81 F x Louisa Alveria "Lou" Mc Kee-460 was born 4 Sep 1842 in , , Kentucky. She died 17 Apr 1922 in Indianapolis, Marion, Indiana.Louisa married (MRIN:296) Benjamin Benn Marby-469, son of Benjamin Mabrey or Maberry-2108 and Nancy Benn-2109 (MRIN:297), on 6 Dec 1860 in , Jefferson, Indiana. Benjamin was born 23 Apr 1813/1816 in North Bend, Hamilton, Ohio. He died 15 Jul 1915 in , , Boone, Indiana.
David also married (2-MRIN:281) Hannah Stanton-928 on 28 Nov 1847 in Carroll, Kentucky. Hannah was born 1826 in <, Carroll, Kentucky>.
Mackay - or in Gaelic MacAoidha - is a Scottish Highland clan, deriving from mac meaning "son of" and Aoidh, often written in English as "Ive," meaning "fire" and originally the name of a Celtic god. The Mackay clan came originally from trathnaver in Caithness and was said to have had Pictish origins.... more can be found here on this name spelling