The Mountain Meadows Massacre was the killing of roughly 120 emigrants who were passing through Southern Utah in September 1857. The massacre occurred on September 11, 1857. The emigrants–men, women, and children–were traveling from Arkansas to California, part of the Baker-Fancher wagon train. They were killed by members of the Utah Territorial Militia from the Iron County district, together with some Paiute Native Americans.
On the Baker-Fancher wagon train
- Fatalities: 100–140 members of the Baker–Fancher wagon train
- Injuries: Around 17
- List of Victims
the Utah Territorial Militia from the Iron County district
- Mountain Meadows Association: http://www.mtn-meadows-assoc.com/
- List of Victims: http://www.mtn-meadows-assoc.com/inmemory.htm#IN%20MEMORIAM
- 37 Children Who Died: http://www.mtn-meadows-assoc.com/children.htm
- 17 Children Who Survived: http://www.mtn-meadows-assoc.com/survivoringchildren.htm
- Wikipedia Mountain Meadows Massacre: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mountain_Meadows_massacre
- Find-A-Grave: http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=cr&GScid=2224155&CRid=2224155&pt=Mountain%20Meadows%20Massacre%20Memorial&
- Mountain Meadows National Historic Landmark: http://www.mtn-meadows-assoc.com/1999_monument.htm
- Mountain Meadows Massacre Descendants Association: http://mtn-meadows-massacre-descendants.com/Home/Home.asp
- A Basic Account of the Mountain Meadows Massacre (drawn from fourteen massacre participants and other militiamen and contains more than seventy key confessions covering all aspects of the massacre)
- Mountain Meadows Massacre Assassins (in some cases disputed)
- * http://www.legendsofamerica.com/ut-mountainmeadowsassassins1.html
- List of men in the Iron Military District of Utah Territory’s Nauvoo Legion militia whose names have been associated with the Mountain Meadows Massacre:
- James H. Carleton (1814-73) "Report on the... Massacre" (Little Rock: 1860)
- Will Bagley, Blood of the Prophets: Brigham Young and the Massacre at Mountain Meadows (2012).
- David Bigler & Will Bagley, Innocent Blood: Essential Narratives of the Mountain Meadows Massacre (2008)
- Juanita Brooks, The Mountain Meadows Massacre (2012).
- Ronald W. Walker, et al., Massacre at Mountain Meadows (2008).
- Burying the Past: Legacy of the Mountain Meadows Massacre (2004) DVD
- Investigating History: Mountain Massacre (History Channel, 2011) DVD