This page serves as an inventory of sources, associations, books and any kind of research into the development of the Dutch province of New Netherland between 1609-1674.
Associations of Interest
- The New Netherland Institute, Albany, NY
- The Holland Society of New York, New York, NY
- Society of Daughters of Holland Dames, Baltimore, MD
- New Netherland Museum, Albany, NY
- Colonial Albany Social History Project, New York State Museum, NY
- Schenectady County Historical Society, Schenectady, NY
- Schenectady Digital History Archive, Schenectady County Public Library, NY
- The Netherland-America Foundation, New York, NY
- The New Jersey Historical Society, Newark, NJ
- Baptisms at the Reformed Dutch Church of New Amsterdam, 1639-1730.
- Records of the Reformed Dutch Church of Albany, New York, 1683–1809
- Baptisms and Marriages in Kingston (Wiltwyck, Esopus) - 1660-1810
- The Register of New Netherland, 1626-1674, E.B. O'Callaghan, Albany, 1865
- OLD BERGEN REFORMED CHURCH MARRIAGES: A selection of marriages in the Jersey City, New Jersey, USA church from 1664-1830
- Representation of New Netherland, 1650, The Hague (edited by Henry C. Murphy, 1849, Bartlett & Welford, New York)
- Stokes, I. N. Phelps, The iconography of Manhattan Island, 1498-1909, New York, Robert H. Dodd, 1915-1928.
- First Record Book, 1907, Society of the Daughters of Holland Dames.
- Laws and Ordnances of New Netherland, 1638-1674, compiled by E.B. O'Callaghan, 1868, Weed Parsons & Company, Albany NY
- The Records of New Amsterdam, 1653-1674, edited by Berthold Fernow, 1897, City of New York.
- John Franklin Jameson, Narratives of New Netherland, 1609-1664, 1909, Applewood, Bedford MA
- Jonathan Pearson, Early Records of the City and County of Albany, 1656-1676, 1869, J. Munsell, Albany NY
- Peter R. Christoph, The Freedman of New Amsterdam, New York State Library
- Joyce D. Goodfriend, Black Families in New Netherland, University of Denver
- James Riker, Revised History of Harlem. Its Origins and Early Annals, 1904, New Harlem Publishing Co, New York, NY
- Janny Venema, Beverwijck, a Dutch Village on the American Frontier, 2003, State of New York University Press, Ambany, NY
- Jaap Jacobs, The Colony of New Netherland, 2009, Cornell University Press, Ithaca, NY (preview)
- Edward Van Winkle, Manhattan 1624-1639, 1916, Holland Society of New York, New York
- John O. Evjen, Scandinavian Immigrants in New York, 1630-1674, 1916, K.C. Holter Publishing, Minneapolis
- Dutch pronunciation. Check this interesting web page and hear how typical New Amsterdam places and surnames are pronounced in Dutch.