People Connected to Norfolk
People connected to Norfolk can be placed in the following groups.
Historical and Political people
- accommodated by the project Historic Norfolk [link to follow] which covers the History of Norfolk and historical/political people. Some of these are also listed in the Famous people category.
Norfolk Genealogical Resources
- Many of the Norfolk parish registers from 1538-c1900 are available through the FamilySearch Website
- Your Norfolk Ancestors: An Insiders Guide Useful Websites
- Welcome to the Norfolk Transcription Archive
- Norfolk County Cemetery Records England
Famous or Notable People
Those people of note with connections to the county are listed below. Some of these connections are a little tenuous - counties like to lay claim to people of renown! Please visit Norfolk - Famous People and add them to the listing there.
People from Norfolk who went to the "New world" and were early progenitors in those countries. Where the earliest ancestor is known please add them to the list of "Norfolk families on Geni" below if that was their roots, or to the appropriate county project.
Where the earliest known ancestor is the emigrant add them to the list below. In some cases if there is a project that covers them in detail please link the project - there is no point in duplicating the list.
Norfolk Families on Geni
Please add the earliest head of the family to the list of Norfolk Families on Geni below and link their profiles to the project. These should be male! Adding anyone with a Norfolk birthplace to the project would cause the project to be a little cluttered, so please restrict this to the earliest head of family!
Names with Bold links are to Geni profiles. Non-bold links take you to other biographical web pages.
How to add a link is explained in the attached document - Adding links to Geni profiles in projects.
- Reginald Allen (ca 1563-1615) Colby
- Thomas Herne of Heverland
- Christopher Pyman (c1753-1835) Attleborough
Emigrants from Norfolk
Please add the names of people from Norfolk who settled in the "New World"