Har Gobind Khorana
Har Gobind Khorana is an American molecular biologist born on 9 January 1922 to an Indian Punjabi couple. For his work on the interpretation of the genetic code and its function in protein synthesis, he was awarded the Nobel Prize in the year 1968.
Subrahmanyan Chandrasekhar was one of the greatest scientists of the 20th century. He did commendable work in astrophysics, physics and applied mathematics. Chandrasekhar was awarded the Nobel Prize in Physics in 1983.
C.V. Raman is one of the most renowned scientists produced by India. His full name was Chandrasekhara Venkata Raman. For his pioneering work on scattering of light, C.V. Raman won the Nobel Prize for Physics in 1930.
Srinivasa Ramanujan was a mathematician par excellence. He is widely believed to be the greatest mathematician of the 20th Century. Srinivasa Ramanujan made significant contribution to the analytical theory of numbers and worked on elliptic functions, continued fractions, and infinite series.
Satyendra Nath Bose
Satyendra Nath Bose was an outstanding Indian physicist. He is known for his work in Quantum Physics. He is famous for "Bose-Einstein Theory" and a kind of particle in atom has been named after his name as Boson.
Ancient Scientists from India
- Bhāskara I
- vishnu prakash mishra (from pratapgarh) ambrish panday pawan kumar
Modern Era Scientists
- Animesh Chakravorty
- Anil Kakodkar
- APJ Abdul Kalam-Missile man of India.He was the architect of Agni series of nuclear missiles.An eminent scientist and an inspirer of youth.He is one of the most loved Presidents of India
- Arun Netravali - Chief Scientist & former CEO of Bell Labs.
- Arun Majumdar
- Ashok Gadgil - Inventor of UV-disinfection method
- Ashoke Sen - Known for research in String Theory
- Birbal Sahni
- CNR Rao
- Prasanta Chandra Mahalanobis Founder of Indian Statistical Institute, known for Mahalanobis distance
- C R Rao- Best of Statistician ever in world, known for Rao–Blackwell theorem, Cramér–Rao bound
- CV Raman-Chandrasekhara Venkata Raman or C.V Raman is one of the internationally acknowledged Indian Scientist. He formulated the Raman effect
- D. Bap Reddy - Entomologist
- D. R. Kaprekar - Mathematician. Famous for his work on Number Theory
- Dr. Jayant Narlikar - Prominent Astrophysicist His work on conformal gravity theory with Sir Fred Hoyle, called Hoyle-Narlikar theory, demonstrated a synthesis can be achieved between Albert Einstein’s theory of relativity and Mach's principle.
- Vinod Johri
- G Madhavan Nair
- G. N. Ramachandran
- Gajendra Pal Singh Raghava Bioinformatician: Famous for developing software and webservers for biological problems
- Ganapathi Thanikaimoni
- Gopalasamudram Narayana Iyer Ramachandran
- Govindarajan Padmanabhan
- Har Gobind Khorana
- Harish Chandra
- Homi Bhabha
- Jagdish Chandra Bose Original inventor of wireless(not credited). Inventor of Crescograph and the first scientist to observe that plants behave like living things.
- Jagmohan Lal Razdan, pioneer of radiology in India
- K. Radhakrishnan
- K. R. Ramanathan
- Kailas Nath Kaul, botanist and world authority on palms
- Kotcherlakota Rangadhama Rao
- Krishnaswamy Kasturirangan
- Lalji Singh
- M. G. K. Menon
- Dr. M.O.P. Iyengar, Father of Algology in India
- M. S. Swaminathan
- Manchanahalli Rangaswamy Satyanarayana Rao
- Manindra Agrawal - Computer scientist, noted for co-developing the AKS primality testing algorithm.
- Manilal Bhaumik laser therapy
- Man Mohan Sharma
- Meghnad Saha
- ML Madan
- Nariman Mehta - Scientist. Patent holder for smoking cessation drug, Zyban.
- Narendra Karmarkar - Mathematician. Renowned for developing Karmarkar's algorithm
- Nitya Anand
- Niyaz Ahmed
- Obaid Siddiqi
- P. Somasundaran
- Padmanabhan Balaram
- Pandurang Sadashiv Khankhoje
- Patcha Ramachandra Rao
- Prof. Prem Chand Pandey- Oceanographer, Meteorologist(SAC/ISRO), Physicist, and Founder Director NCAOR-Indian Antarctic Program, Goa.
- Prof. Abhay Ashtekar- known for 'Ashtekar Variables'. He is also regarded as a founder of the theory of Loop quantum gravity
- Raghunath Anant Mashelkar
- Atul Kumar- Medicinal Chemist/Drug design. He has invented new antiosteoporosis drug candidate.
- Rajeev Motwani
- Ranajit Chakraborty
- Roddam Narasimha
- S. Bhagavantam
- S. Ramaseshan
- Salim Ali
- Samir K. Brahmachari
- Satish Dhawan
- Satyendra Nath Bose
- Shanti Swarup Bhatnagar
- Subramanian V - Quantum Chemist - Known for his contributions to the Development of descriptors
- Shreeram Shankar Abhyankar - Mathematician. Known for his contributions to singularity theory and Abhyankar's conjecture
- Sir M. Visvesvaraya
- Srinivasa Ramanujan
- Subramanyan Chandrasekhar
- Sujoy K. Guha
- Rajeev Kumar Varshney
- Sunder Lal Hora
- Tej P Singh
- Udipi Ramachandra Rao
- Vainu Bappu
- Venkatraman Ramakrishnan
- Vijay P. Bhatkar
- Vikram Sarabhai
- William Stephen Atkinson
- Yellapragada Subbarao