Pithiviers Interment Camp (French: Le camp de transit de Pithiviers) was a little interment camp near the French commune of Pithiviers.
Pithiviers is located in Loiret Department, about 80 kilometers from Paris.
Pithiviers Interment Camp built in the beginning of WWII in purpose to concentrate German prisoners. After the Nazi occupation in 1941 the camp became an interment camp for Jews, especially for Jews without a French citizenship.
In July and August 1942, eight transports of Jews were sent to Auschwitz-Birkenau.
In 1943, the camp became an interment camp for political prisoners.
For a more information: