Welcome to the "Herrederos de Jose Rizal" Project!
Dr. Jose P. Rizal, the Philippine national hero, did not leave any surviving direct descendants. It is a pity how the venerable surname, which was derived from the Spanish "ricial" (meaning "verdant"), is rarely (if at all) used today.
This project aims to create fitting biographies (click on live links to view) for individuals connected by blood to Lolo Pepe. If you wish to contact living family members, please communicate with Jerome of the Rizal Family Foundation.
Find more history projects at the master project page, Families of the Philippines.
- Francisco Engracio Alejandro Mercado - father
- Teodora de Quintos Alonzo - mother
- Juan Monica Mercado - grandfather
- Lorenzo Alberto Florentina Alonzo - grandfather
- Cipriano Alonzo - great grandfather
- Cirila Bernarda Monicha - great grandmother
- Francisco Chinco Mercado - great grandfather
- Manuel Cailianes de Quintos - great grandfather
- Maria Florentina - great grandmother
- Regina Ochoa - great grandmother
- Domingo Lam-co - 2x great grandfather
- Gregorio Alonzo - 2x great grandfather
- Manuel de Quintos I - 2x great grandfather
- Agustin Chinco - 3x great grandfather
- Jacinta Rafaela - 3x great grandmother
- Cua Siong-co - 3x great grandfather
- Concepcion Mercado Rizal - sibling
- Josefa Mercado Rizal - sibling
- Lucia Mercado Rizal - sibling
- Maria Mercado Rizal - sibling
- Narcisa Rizal-Lopez - sibling
- Olympia Rizal-Ubaldo - sibling
- Paciano Mercado Rizal - sibling
- Saturnina Rizal-Hidalgo - sibling
- Soledad Mercado Rizal - sibling
- Trinidad Mercado Rizal - sibling
- Delfina Rizal Herbosa - niece
- Antonio Rizal Lopez - nephew
- Aristeo Rizal Ubaldo - nephew
- Emiliana Decena Rizal - niece
- Leoncio Rizal Lopez - nephew
- Angel Tiaoqui Hidalgo - grandnephew
- Lulu Hidalgo-Tinio - grandniece
- Asuncion Lopez-Bantug - grandniece
- Leonarda Limjap Ubaldo - grandniece
- Olimpia Limjap Ubaldo - grandniece
Related by Marriage
- Pres. Jose Paciano Laurel - brother-in-law's niece's husband
- Pres. Sergio Suico Osmeña - husband of the sister-in-law of nephew
How to Contribute
- Please click the "Join Project" button on the upper right of the project page.
- After getting yourself added as a collaborator for the surname, select the profile of the prominent Filipino you wish to add.
- Navigate to the profile. Under the "More Actions" link, choose "Add to Project" and select sub-project to which your ancestor should be included in.
- Include in the "About Me" section a brief biographical sketch, summarizing the person's significant contributions and accomplishments. (Required)
- Include a photograph, if one exists.
- Mark the profile as "public" and not "private". (Required)